lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-28-2021, 04:40 PM   #21
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: 2010 Yamaha Drive Transaxle Oil Change

I just did my 2012 fluid change. Piece of cake. I got a funnel with a tube on it that fit down through the access hole under the bag well. I could easily reach both drain and fill plugs from underneath with a socket allan wrench.
Volt_Ampere is online now   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-17-2021, 04:23 PM   #22
kenpappas
Not Yet Wild

I just got the 2010 and the brake pedal goes further than I like. Someone suggest to change this oil as well. He told me to run it around a bit and get it hot. Drain what is in there, then put the plug back on and put in O'Reilly DETERGENT Automatic Transmission fluid and drive in for a short while. Let it sit for a few hours and drain it out. Seems this O'Reilly stuff breaks down that old trans fluid and you get a much better 'clean'.
kenpappas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2021, 07:23 PM   #23
ojo
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I think you shouldn't do this! It's not sure, if the internal wet brake like the ATF. Better flush with gear oil and make the final filling incl. friction modifier.
ojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2021, 08:56 PM   #24
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

I would NOT do this. Just drain the fluid and install new Yamaha Lube specified for this Transaxle. I have two of these G29 carts and I have done both of them. Adjust the brake cable if it's not feeling tight too.
Old 11-18-2021, 06:31 AM   #25
rstacy
Gone Wild
Yamaha

I wouldn't use the ATF.
I have had excellent results doing something similar using the Yamaha Friction Modified Shaft Drive Gear Oil. Part number ACC-SHAFT-PL-32.

Change it. Run it. Change it again.
rstacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2021, 09:08 AM   #26
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Yamaha recommends changing the gear oil in the Team axle every 4 years. Most people, myself included don't know to do that. I recently did my 2012. About a year ago I bought a 2009 and that one had never had the fluid changed. I pulled and disassembled that transaxle thinking I might need new brake discs. The fluid was very dirty but the rest of the stuff inside looked fine. I measured the brake discs and they were still ok so I put it back together with new fluid and it runs fine.
I would change the fluid if it's been more than 4 years and be good with that for another 4 years. I would not recommend flushing with anything other than the recommended oil because it might damage the brake discs which are very similar to motorcycle wet clutches.
Old 11-19-2021, 07:41 AM   #27
kenpappas
Not Yet Wild

Do you find the discs worn out or something else?
Old 11-19-2021, 08:11 AM   #28
kenpappas
Not Yet Wild

I have tried adjusting the break cable in both directions and the pedal still goes down pretty far. Not sure if this oil was ever changed and if I have sludge causing the 'soft' pedal.
Old 11-19-2021, 08:34 AM   #29
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

The discs can wear and the cable can stretch. If your cable can't be adjusted enough, you can add adjustment by putting a split nut over the end of the cable at the pedal box. When I disassembled mine, the discs were really not worn enough to replace them but I was just about out of adjustment. Changing the oil really won't change the braking action much if at all.
Old 11-19-2021, 02:39 PM   #30
kenpappas
Not Yet Wild

Should I just replace the cable?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha