lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts
Lifted Golf Carts Off-Road Golf Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-13-2020, 02:48 PM   #161
gree7363
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Club Car TRX Fab

Awesome build! Any chance you know if that 2 speed axle is still available to purchase somewhere? I checked Innovation Industries website and they dont show any axles.
gree7363 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-21-2020, 04:35 PM   #162
UncleJerm76
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by gree7363 View Post
Awesome build! Any chance you know if that 2 speed axle is still available to purchase somewhere? I checked Innovation Industries website and they dont show any axles.
Thank you sir. Yes it definitely is, same axle is now being made by Axle, Inc. in NY. Great company and very personable and they dont mind taking the time to answer questions.
UncleJerm76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2021, 03:07 PM   #163
UncleJerm76
Gone Wild

Club Car

Golf Buggy is getting a complete overhaul. After 7 years of fantastic service my Trojans were dead so I scrapped them at the local yard because this time around I’m building my own large AH lithium pack. It seemed like the right timing since my battery charger is no longer working properly after it got wet on a woods trip to the cabin.
Old 08-16-2021, 03:15 PM   #164
UncleJerm76
Gone Wild

Club Car

I peeled off the 3M camo-wrap and removed the body then gave it a good wash in all those hard to reach places that get missed over the years. The golf buggy lifted a few inches after removing the 610lbs of batteries. I can slide a 5-gallon bucket under it from one side to the other! This was somthing I didn’t account for when moving to a lighter battery pack (or want) so I will need to address this later if it doesn’t settle back down. I’m also concerned that it will ride too stiff now. For now she’s clean and I can start putting it back together.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 9CAC3012-178E-4C39-9A14-4B7752065D86.jpeg (365.4 KB, 0 views)
Old 08-17-2021, 10:50 PM   #165
UncleJerm76
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Club Car TRX Fab

New KYB extended shocks installed
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg E5441361-D1DA-4B1A-A434-0D50945AD87B.jpeg (96.9 KB, 0 views)
Old 11-03-2021, 11:53 AM   #166
UncleJerm76
Gone Wild

Club Car

Batteries finally arrived, ordered in early July. There larger than I expected so I had to modify the battery tray to fit. Required me removing the angle that was there and then making some floor templates out of cardboard before cutting 3/4” HDPE plastic for the final product.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 78A10C47-7572-48D9-933E-F10FBD74E257.jpg (94.8 KB, 0 views)
Old 11-03-2021, 12:03 PM   #167
UncleJerm76
Gone Wild

Club Car

Batteries fit new floor nice now with a little breathing room. Had to come up with a solution to keep them from moving when the DS chassis flexed a little, I don’t want any stress on those contacts. My dad suggested using the left over plastic from the floors and ripping them down to fit between the ribs on the batteries. This ended up working better than I expected and creates a lock where they can’t move. I pulled a piece out a little for the pic.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 29376D68-A403-4999-8ABC-0263A41DF904.jpg (74.7 KB, 0 views)
Old 11-03-2021, 12:13 PM   #168
UncleJerm76
Gone Wild

Club Car

Next up it was time to secure those batteries into 24v packs. I used a top and bottom stainless steel band and pulled them snug enough to take all the slack out of the bands. I then strategically placed the bands in a location to that keeps those inserts from being able to slide back out, this locks everything together as a single unit. If you look carefully you can see the insert behind the band where the two batteries meet in the middle. I think my next move will be creating an aluminum false wall behind the batteries so that I have a place to mount all the electronics like the BMS, shunt, controller and Reducer. Also, since the entire center section of my battery bay is empty I have to decide now if I want to fill the center bay with more batteries and go 72v. I started that discussion over in the Extreme DC section.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 23508E3A-B434-4B2D-9AE5-6354B244AD20.jpg (107.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 58464863-2B8F-4D32-BA63-FA41FE38B474.jpg (134.6 KB, 0 views)
Old 12-01-2021, 12:42 PM   #169
UncleJerm76
Gone Wild

Club Car

I had an opportunity to snatch up a running ‘07 precedent with rear seat and fresh covers for $1600 and I immediately jumped on it. In its attached picture you’ll notice two things that weren’t here in the beginning of this thread – our kiddos! They’ve grown up with the DS and are sad to see it go. At the same time they are just as excited as Mom is to get into a newer golf cart meant for the neighborhoods instead of the purpose built DS woods climbing monster.

When I brought this Precedent home, it was very slow - about 6mph max, but it got there dangerously fast. That’s because it seemed to only have full throttle, or was very erratic when trying to accelerate slowly. Spoke to TahoeDawg and ordered a new Gen2 Petal assembly with latest MCOR4 conversion, I ordered parts from him going back many years and he still never ceases to impress me on how fast items are shipped to me. That completely fixed the erratic behavior of the throttle at low speeds. It’s a different world for me but I'm now quickly learning all about SEPeX, IQ and even OBC’s as all I’ve known for decades is the dead simple SERIES systems on DS carts.

It should come as no surprise that I’m switching all my lithium plans to this new-to-me Precedent so I’m ripping into all the wires and electronics taking out what I don’t want or need in the future or what I see as weak points. I removed the center electronics cover and completely took out the OBC leaving just enough room to put my new BMS in its place and keep everything looking nice and tidy with the factory cover back on. To my surprise my new LifePo4 batteries fit this Precedent tray very nicely with a little wiggle room around the edges! I’m still designing some way to secure the batteries to the tray so they can’t move around in an emergency situation, but they are at least held together with the metal-strapping and the HDPE lock joints. I also still need to design some kind of protective top-cover for the batteries, all those exposed terminals are really stressing me out. For now, a simple hand towel covers the terminals nicely and gives somewhat a level of protection against an accidental short.

I then added a 600A shunt and a in dash battery monitor so I can keep an eye on everything, Lithium’s are so crazy in that they give almost the exact level of power from fully charged to dead and if you don’t have a good battery monitor you could easily be left stranded because they work great right up till they are dead and you’ll never have a hint that they are getting low. I went for a ride with the lithium’s, and I am truly shocked what this little 3.5hp motor can do. It now has breakneck acceleration (I’m sure most of that is simply weight reduction from the Lithium) right up to 9mph where it hits a wall and won’t go faster. I’ve got a high-speed magnet on the way for the absolute fastest 48v speed possible with this stock motor. I’m not concerned at all about the magnet allowing my motor to over-rev or the loss of regen – as that wasn’t working anyway. But the biggest reason for the lack of concern is at some point I want to switch to a complete AC controller/motor conversion anyway. But for now, the magnet and a new Speed Sensor is being delivered today as my research shows that is also a common $15 part that fails and keeps the cart in limp mode speeds in the range I’m experiencing.

NOTE: This will probably be one of the last updates I plan to make on this thread since I have no need (or room) to keep two golf carts long term. It’s been fun working on my DS through the years and doing things to it that made it better in every way. I will be selling it locally to a good home with a brand-new set of FLA’s and will be moving all future focus to the Precent-Project and seeing how far I can push it. It only seems appropriate to start a new build thread for it. I love hearing the encouragement and even questions from you guys in PM who have followed this DS Build thread since the beginning, I look forward to more of your PM’s and comments in the new Thread when it gets started!
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 76D48F91-6D77-4DC8-B316-1147DFBDEF3F.jpeg (460.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg DCBAFC12-FAB1-450F-9D2C-910F31CAB2C9.jpg (89.2 KB, 0 views)
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts