lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk! > Bike & ATV Engine Swaps

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-13-2020, 11:22 PM   #71
Vbzatty
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Polaris 800 EFI engine in a Yamaha G16

Yes, I know this thread is seven years old. A series of life events put this project on hold and it ALMOST never saw completion. But I’m happy to say I’ve worked on it over the summer and it’s done (well except for front seats which I’m having custom made)! Everything works great! I have had it up to 53mph so far. It had plenty left in it but I got a little nervous and backed off. But it is surprisingly easy to drive. It feels very similar to a RZR 800. Light throttle it just puts around. But when you get on it and the engine revs up to 6k RPM things get moving quick. I had a handful of minor issues (no start due to crank position sensor, overheating due to a worn out radiator cap) but nothing too difficult to figure out. I retained a lot of the stock RZR components which made everything so much easier. I even still have the RZR gauge. Speedo doesn’t work but everything else does (tach, fuel, coolant temp, engine codes). I’m so happy I was able to see this project through to the end.

Colby
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 49282C2D-8C65-48F5-9490-29CA0D344EAB.jpg (286.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg CEA4B74E-BBA7-46C7-A109-06B35FA61A7B.jpg (227.3 KB, 0 views)
Vbzatty is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-14-2020, 05:37 AM   #72
Field6565
Gone Wild

Great project! Any videos of it? I'm sure it's a beast.
Field6565 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2020, 07:26 AM   #73
Vbzatty
Not Yet Wild

I do actually, but can’t figure out how to post them. It says invalid format. I’ll keep trying.

Colby
Vbzatty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2020, 11:08 AM   #74
Shepard
Crazy Ole Man

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vbzatty View Post
I do actually, but can’t figure out how to post them. It says invalid format. I’ll keep trying.

Colby
Videos need to be uploaded to Youtube - then post a link to it.
Shepard is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk! > Bike & ATV Engine Swaps