lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-26-2021, 09:42 AM   #1
cartdoc1969
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default RXV Wiring harness problem spots

Today I was troubleshooting an electrical issue on one of the 2011 RXVs. I wanted to share how easy it is to access and repair a common problem with this harness. I am surprised how many posts I read where people throw parts in a cart hoping it fixes it. This is a simple repair that can save money and frustration with these carts.

( My understanding of how the system operates. Please let me know if I'm incorrect and I'll update).

In a nutshell, the controller completes the circuits by controlling the ground connection. The positive for many of the electronics comes from the red wires. There are several sonic welds where Ezgo attaches those wires together. This is a common failure point. It is possible to check and have voltage at a poor connection. When power is drawn through a poor connection it can and does often fail. The best option is to cut out the sonic weld, solder the wires together and seal with heat shrink ( the marine stuff with sealant in them are the best).

I've read where people stated it was a pain to access these connections, it really isn't that bad. Remove the front batteries to expose the wiring harness. Remove the tape and protective outer loom. Cut out the connections and solder away. It only took me 10 min. to gain access to the harness.
There is another orange one, I'll dig into that later and update with pictures.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20211126_091702.jpg (179.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20211126_091711.jpg (156.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20211126_091717.jpg (160.7 KB, 0 views)
cartdoc1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO