lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-24-2021, 09:33 PM   #1
kilroyvg
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Model Confusion

Long post warning,,,

About 3 weeks ago I bought a new to me EZGo. It was advertised as a 2016 36v cart. Being completely new to carts I didn't think anything of it. Upon further research, I found out that EZGO didn't make 36v carts after 2008. So I dug deeper into my cart.
The info on the tag on the body under the charging plug in:
Serial # - 3168636
Manufacturer code - C3116
Model # - 625110G01
The Man # shows that it is a 2016.
Just for S&G I checked the serial # using EZGO's serial # lookup. This tells me that it is a 2016 48v TXT Fleet.
Now the fun begins. I found a number (2669752) on the frame at the rear of the battery compartment and again for S&G checked EZGO's lookup. The result I got was :We have found your vehicle, but unfortunately we have not loaded product data for your vehicle to the My Vehicle Tool.
Other pertinent info:
1. it has 6 x 6v batteries = 36v
2. The motor is an Advance Motors & Drives 36v motor w/ a rating of
AU2500 FLT SPD and a manufacture date of 12/20/08
3. The diff is a Spicer w/ a manufacture date of 04/16/09
4. I haven't located the controller to get any info off that yet. truthfully. I'm
not sure where to look for it.
I can only guess that it is an older rebodied cart. The only thing the PO did was replace the batteries in Aug 2020. Overall, it appears to be a well maintained cart that runs well and is mechanically sound.
Any help would be much appreciated.
kilroyvg is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-25-2021, 01:41 AM   #2
Cartmaster
British born Nincompoop

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Model Confusion

I do not know if they still do it, but EZGO had a program with used carts to resell at different levels of re manufacture. I am guessing yours could be one of those and may be why you cant find details by that number. It may be an original number from before re manufacture. So maybe it is a 2008/2009 build, returned to the factory and remanufactured. Therefore the date code would show the date of re manufacture rather than the original build date. There were four levels of resale, and the top level was remanufactured.

Another possibility is that it has been built up out of two carts by a previous owner.

Here is an image of an original training sheet from my file from EZGo training school UK. This was in 1999, so may no longer be relevant, I am sure others here will confirm my thoughts.

Note that there is no mention of the motor, etc, so it seems to match what you have. The only discrepancy is the fact that it is 36V, and the model lookup says 48v but the dates all seem to work with the 2009 chassis. all except the date code on the plate.

ezgo reman.jpg
Cartmaster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2021, 12:04 PM   #3
bricks
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Just an FYI, EZGO did make 36v carts after 2008. I have a 2010 EZGO PDS cart that is 36v. I believe some time in 2010 is when they switched to all 48v, but I am not sure.
bricks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2021, 12:22 PM   #4
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Did you get the manufacture code from the sticker on the frame rail or from your serial number lookup? Tag would be on the rail above the batteries. The code you listed is for a 2016 but that would be a 48 volt cart. Sounds like someone put a newer body on an older cart and based on the other dates probably an 09.
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2021, 02:10 PM   #5
kilroyvg
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgsc View Post
Did you get the manufacture code from the sticker on the frame rail or from your serial number lookup? Tag would be on the rail above the batteries.
I got the manufacturer code from a tag just below the charger port below the driver's seat. The second serial # is stamped on the frame cross bar behind the batteries.
kilroyvg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2021, 02:24 PM   #6
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Based on that you probably have a 2009-10 PDS cart with a 2016 body. My 2008 serial starts with 256 so your 266 would be close. The 36 volts pretty much confirms that. Still a good cart but not what you were told.
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO