lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-23-2021, 03:53 PM   #1
Jwade79
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Default EZGO TXT - Street Legal AC Conversion, Lithium Ion Complete New Build

Hello - I am embarking on a new build for a street legal EZGO TXT that i will be building starting with the frame.

I rebuilt a cart several years ago but looking to go back and build a new prototype that incorporates everything i am looking for in a cart.

This is my first attempt at doing this, so would appreciate any feedback that could be provided. My plan is use a 48v Lithium Ion battery system with a AC conversion and brushless motor.

The first phase that i was looking to complete includes getting the frame rolling and installation of front and rear suspension, brakes, etc.
Basically everything except the body, electrical, battery etc.

At this point, I am putting together my initial build list and would appreciate any feedback on missing items, recommendations, and/ or comments in general.

1. Jakes Long Arm Front Suspension - I believe the electric version is on back order so i will order the gas version as i understand it is the exact same other the the rear lift blocks. Can anyone recommend where i can obtain just the rear lift blocks for this suspension system?

2. steering column / wheel.

3. wheel Hub assembly - front and rear.

4. "firewall" board?

5. lower Floor board

6. brake pedal w light

7. pedal box assembly.

8. instrument panel assembly (for dash overlay)

9. 15' x 7 wheels

10. 23 x 10 - 15 tires - 4

11. Heavy - duty rear leaf springs

12. HD rear shock absorbers

13. castle nut and cotter pin (for front hub), bolts and nuts from original shock aborbers

14. original spring plate - front springs

15. Ausco rear disc brakes

16. brake cables

17. rear axle assembly

a few questions:

- Do I need wheel spacers?
- Need bearings for anything or is those usually included in above kits?
- Any tips on locating original bolts, nuts, etc. not part of the above kits?

Thank you in advance!
Jwade79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-24-2021, 08:10 AM   #2
bronsonj
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: EZGO TXT - Street Legal AC Conversion, Lithium Ion Complete New Build

You shouldn't need wheel spacers. You may need to order spring bushings, I was surprised that they weren't included in my kit.

The Ausco rear disc brakes are great, I have them on my cart. Do spray the back of the pads with brake quiet. I did not and at very slow speeds mine will talk to you.
bronsonj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2021, 01:37 PM   #3
coldair
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: EZGO TXT - Street Legal AC Conversion, Lithium Ion Complete New Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jwade79 View Post
Hello - I am embarking on a new build for a street legal EZGO TXT that i will be building starting with the frame.

I rebuilt a cart several years ago but looking to go back and build a new prototype that incorporates everything i am looking for in a cart.

This is my first attempt at doing this, so would appreciate any feedback that could be provided. My plan is use a 48v Lithium Ion battery system with a AC conversion and brushless motor.

The first phase that i was looking to complete includes getting the frame rolling and installation of front and rear suspension, brakes, etc.
Basically everything except the body, electrical, battery etc.

At this point, I am putting together my initial build list and would appreciate any feedback on missing items, recommendations, and/ or comments in general.

1. Jakes Long Arm Front Suspension - I believe the electric version is on back order so i will order the gas version as i understand it is the exact same other the the rear lift blocks. Can anyone recommend where i can obtain just the rear lift blocks for this suspension system?

2. steering column / wheel.

3. wheel Hub assembly - front and rear.

4. "firewall" board?

5. lower Floor board

6. brake pedal w light

7. pedal box assembly.

8. instrument panel assembly (for dash overlay)

9. 15' x 7 wheels

10. 23 x 10 - 15 tires - 4

11. Heavy - duty rear leaf springs

12. HD rear shock absorbers

13. castle nut and cotter pin (for front hub), bolts and nuts from original shock aborbers

14. original spring plate - front springs

15. Ausco rear disc brakes

16. brake cables

17. rear axle assembly

a few questions:

- Do I need wheel spacers?
- Need bearings for anything or is those usually included in above kits?
- Any tips on locating original bolts, nuts, etc. not part of the above kits?

Thank you in advance!
I have an almost new set of heavy duty rear leaf springs you can have for paying the shipping
coldair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2021, 11:50 AM   #4
Jwade79
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Thank you for the feedback.

Also, greatly appreciate the offer Coldair, however, I’ve already ordered a set
Old 12-02-2021, 02:08 PM   #5
yeah_thats_me
Not Yet Wild

I'm (now) doing a similar thing. I had a TXT, started having problems, tore it down to the frame, realized the frame was rustier than I wanted to deal with, so ordered a new frame. Frame is here now, sitting on jack stands. First thing, be prepared to deal with delays. Lots of parts are backordered right now, and it might be months before you can get things. I feel somewhat lucky that it only took about 4 weeks for the frame to show up. I use the countrycat site to explore the parts diagrams and find the part #s of what I need. EZGO still has pretty much every part for a TXT. The frame does not come with everything you need, there are 2 splash pans, one for each side, but same part #, one just flips upside down. You also need the metal frame assembly for the seat. My initial goal is similar, get back to a rolling chassis. I plan to complicate things by coating everything for rust prevention.
yeah_thats_me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2021, 02:48 PM   #6
Jwade79
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Yes, I’ve done the same thing with country cat and the parts diagram is very helpful.

I’m basing my parts on the 2014+ txt. I ordered my powder coat frame, rear axle, etc from there and should be arriving next week. I was able to get a ton of parts from that site, but several were out of stock such as the upper floor pan.

Tags
brakes, frame, long travel suspension, new build, rolling frame
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO