lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-23-2021, 09:59 PM   #21
BballBeast
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Time for new batteries 😞

I understand the controller won't help with speed but increase to 48 volts should from what I understand. I know higher amps will decrease run time but I plan on running controller at 300 or 400 amps. Buddy of mine has 88 DS and his cart will lift the front tires and do about 30. Not sure what controller he has but he barely drives it anyway.

Thats a sweet lookin cart and I love the gun metal paint.
BballBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-27-2021, 02:19 PM   #22
CCNorth
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by BballBeast View Post
Plan on putting alltrax 500 controller, 400 amp solenoid, 2 gauge wires and 48 volts. Shouldn't just upping to 48 make it go faster? I know it's tempting to leave it along cause it runs very good with fully charged batteries but addicted to the cart now so I need upgrades lmao. Wife's on board with doing it also. I have 2 year old son and 4 year old daughter also who rides on the cart with me so i don't need anything crazy. Mainly the long run time of the 48 volts is more important to me than the top speed but would be nice to go at least 25mph.
The number on your motor 5BC48JB764 is a 2HP, 2800RPM, 36V 1012191 for a club car.

According to an old post by Scottyb and Roady89, this motor will handle 48 volts. Also, yes, your speed will increase with the 48 volt batteries.

As Tom47 said, your controller will not handle the 48 volts.

I can feel all the testosterone flowing when you guys talk about all the great upgrades that are available. That would be a great plan (and I did it all w/o Lithium, so I'm not being critical ), but I have to ask this - is the expense worth the gain of approx. 5 mph and a little more distance? From what you described, you don't drive great distances (20 miles) and are on flat ground.

Like the others, I'm not sure why you are fortunate enough to be getting 20 mph from your "stock" cart. Most stock carts will go 11-12 mph and people are amazed that an upgrade makes the cart go 20-25.

Will the difference in distance be great enough to justify the cost?
CCNorth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2021, 01:59 PM   #23
BballBeast
Not Yet Wild

Yea I don't know why it does 20mph but this cart cruises past most carts in my area especially the older ones. I wouldn't lie about the current speed and thats why I posted on here cause I'm confused as to why it does 20. Also I'm checking speed with Google maps on my phone which seems accurate when driving in my car.

Cart has a number 2013111 on the pumpkin. I looked it up but nothing came up. How can you tell if it has high speed gears without ripping apart the rear end? I can post pictures of what I have also.

Your probably right about the cost to upgrade but who cares I grew up building dirtbikes. God bless 2 strokes brap brap lol. I know electric and gas are different but now that I learned about electric carts I need to build them up.
Old 11-28-2021, 06:49 PM   #24
simicrintz
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
I grew up building dirtbikes. God bless 2 strokes brap brap lol.
2 strokes don't go brap brap-4 strokes rule
simicrintz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2021, 07:18 PM   #25
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by simicrintz View Post
2 strokes don't go brap brap-4 strokes rule
Nothing beats the feeling of a 2 stroke without a power valve hitting that power band. It’s like flipping a light switch. This was my 85 Suzuki LT250R. That was so light and fun.

However, favorite was my Honda 250R. Have to find pics of that one…
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 9D8CA27E-0EA1-4958-9CB3-05D5ADA1CE1E.jpg (636.0 KB, 0 views)
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2021, 07:53 PM   #26
simicrintz
Gone Wild

Club Car

Bought a 250R new in '82 (bought an XR500 and a 185S three wheeler that year also). Hated the 250 so much I traded it to a buddy who had a built 185S.

I've had a few 2 strokes but just never cared for that power band for some reason. Still have a 2008 XR650L, 2019 KTM 500 EXC, 1982 ATC 185S and a 1983 ATC 200-I guess I am just a 4 stroke guy! Pic of the '82 attached :)

Clean looking Suzi!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 185S.jpg (126.1 KB, 0 views)
simicrintz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2021, 11:15 PM   #27
CCNorth
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Yea I don't know why it does 20mph but this cart cruises past most carts in my area especially the older ones. I wouldn't lie about the current speed and thats why I posted on here cause I'm confused as to why it does 20. Also I'm checking speed with Google maps on my phone which seems accurate when driving in my car.

Cart has a number 2013111 on the pumpkin. I looked it up but nothing came up. How can you tell if it has high speed gears without ripping apart the rear end? I can post pictures of what I have also.

Your probably right about the cost to upgrade but who cares I grew up building dirtbikes. God bless 2 strokes brap brap lol. I know electric and gas are different but now that I learned about electric carts I need to build them up.
I read that these early carts had up to 7 speed adjustments with top speed on some being 19 mph. I don't know if this is true, but may be the answer. I hope one of the DS experts will chime in with more info for you.

I did find a parts manual for a 1993 and it includes wiring info. It might be helpful to you for your rebuild. The parts for the 1992-1996 seem to be the same.
https://mobilicab.com/F4hxm7zhX073ec...S-Golf-Car.pdf

I can't imagine another way to know about the gears other than disassembly.

Good luck with your project. Build baby build! Keep us posted.
CCNorth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2021, 12:14 PM   #28
BballBeast
Not Yet Wild

Awesome looking bikes. My grandpa used to race boats but always had tons of toys. He had both Suzuki 250r quadracer like the one you posted and had a quadrilla 500r that he sold cause he was too old to handle the thing anymore. He's the one who taught me how to fix or build up anything with a motor. God bless his soul. Mom had a Honda atc 250r that I almost killed myself on a few times lmao. Those 3 wheelers are crazy haha. I started off with a cr85 then had a cr250 that had a 270 big bore kit that I sold before I moved to Florida from New Jersey. Wish I never sold that bike but had to much stuff to move. Now I have a Suzuki ltz400 which is stock other than intake, full exhaust, rejeted carb and 13 tooth front sprocket. I paln on throwing a big bore kit on it eventually since the bike burns oil when warming. Once the rings heat up and expand it stops smoking but just got too many project to mess with the bike. Plus cops shut down trails around here so I just ride it down the road once in a while lmao. I wish i had pictures of our old bikes but that was before the cell phone age. Probably got some old photos somewhere in storage.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car