lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO > Lithium EZGO

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-25-2021, 12:23 AM   #11
Tom47
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Big battery prob

Sorry to hear about your problems with the BB.

Do you have an ampere hour gauge connected to a shunt on the battery negative terminal? If so, watch the amp draw when you first take off. Could you be exceeding the 150 amp max discharge current? For instance, is there a hill to climb when first pulling out?

If you can see the amp usage, and it is not over 150, maybe the BMS is not set correctly and is causing it to trip at a lower amp draw.

BB really needs to get you serviced at this point. Good luck with that!
Tom47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-26-2021, 05:29 PM   #12
bronsonj
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Connect your voltmeter to the leads that come off of the battery. Connect one to the far side of the solenoid and the other to the connection on the battery. See what it reads when your cart dies.
bronsonj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2021, 05:32 PM   #13
GunnyArt
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Following. I just started the install of the same battery in my '97 TXT
GunnyArt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2021, 10:52 AM   #14
Bama Brad
Gone Wild
Mixed Breed

Can you list the make, model of this cart?
Bama Brad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2021, 07:03 PM   #15
t8ter
Not Yet Wild

Ezgo 2001 txt. Got battery out right now getting pics of wiring. During this I did find 2 wires on the motor barely loose. About a half turn. I cleaned em up and tighten back. Have not checked it again. I will try y’all’s suggestions in next couple days. I do have a shunt with battery meter.
Thanks guys
Attached Images
File Type: jpg F02D731F-0BB7-4E99-A337-F4B26ECC9FE3.jpg (142.1 KB, 0 views)
t8ter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2021, 07:36 PM   #16
t8ter
Not Yet Wild

Tighten bolts, rechecked wiring, installed better reducer. Same thing. Pulling a hill lights flicker at 140amp. If I push it bms shuts it down. Will check solenoid morrow.
Thanks
t8ter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2021, 03:35 PM   #17
bronsonj
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

It certainly sounds like the BMS is shutting you down, could be a defective BMS? What was your voltage when you were pulling 140 amps?
bronsonj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2021, 04:00 PM   #18
Pat911
Gone Wild
Club Car

140A is a lot of current and right near the limit of your pack. One other scenario is that you have one bad cell that’s dropping its voltage on high load and may be causing the BMS to trip.
Pat911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2021, 10:12 AM   #19
superfan86
Getting Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat911 View Post
140A is a lot of current and right near the limit of your pack. One other scenario is that you have one bad cell that’s dropping its voltage on high load and may be causing the BMS to trip.
According to the manufacturer spec sheet 300 amps for 6s surge is fine and a 150a continuous.

If he is seeing 150a+ over a period long enough to trip the BMS I would suspect issues outside of the battery. Possibly a motor going or he is driving on some constant extreme grades.

I'd be curious how long and under what conditions he is seeing the 140... Agree though, it does sound like BMS is cutting him off.

For comparison, I have a HSKY 48v conversion on the stock PDS 36v AMD motor. With 900lbs in passenger weight driving on mild hills we rarely see amp draw exceed 130a beyond the initial 2-3 second surge from stop. Voltage drops from 53 to as low as 47v on my pack unless I'm approaching empty pack where I'll see 43v from a full acceleration start.
superfan86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2021, 10:18 AM   #20
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Climbing a hill can easily pull over 200 amps for the duration if you are pushing it. Too many of these drop-ins are marginal on current draw especially if you skimp on capacity since current draw specs are tied to capacity (given same chemistry).
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO > Lithium EZGO