lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-22-2021, 05:52 PM   #11
mototim
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: EZGO 36v series with new batteries is very slow

Ok, I jumped it and have the same results (14.4v on pin2). But I have a 2004 series drive as well and thought I'd compare results....they're the same....so maybe another error in the EZGO manual.
So assuming that 14ish volts is correct on pin 2, and I'm getting the same directly at the ITS, then why else would would full throttle be maxed out at 1.3v (my 2004 get 1.6)?
I have even tried disconnecting the white wire directly from the ITS and still only getting 1.3v right at the ITS. The metal plunger is going just past flush.
Man am I stumped with this one!
mototim is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-22-2021, 06:30 PM   #12
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by mototim View Post
----------------

So assuming that 14ish volts is correct on pin 2, and I'm getting the same directly at the ITS, then why else would would full throttle be maxed out at 1.3v (my 2004 get 1.6)?

-------------------
My theory is you have crosstalk (undesired resistance path) between the black and white wires at the in-line connector.

Cut both the plug and jack off and connect the same colored wires to each other. Make sure they cannot touch different colored wires.

That connector's purpose was to make assembling the cart easier at the factory and serves no useful purpose after that was accomplished.

If eliminating the in-line connector doesn't fix it, then I am stumped also.
(I'm about 99.9% sure it will fix it.)
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2021, 06:38 PM   #13
mototim
Not Yet Wild

We'll...I like the odds lol. I will do that and report back.
Old 11-22-2021, 07:01 PM   #14
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

I've been troubleshooting electronic and electo-mecahanical stuff for over 60 years and seen all sorts of weird things, so 99.999% is as close to an absolute that I get, which in turn means at only 99.9% certain, I'm still leaving myself some wiggle room.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Old man.jpg (77.5 KB, 0 views)
Old 11-25-2021, 12:51 PM   #15
mototim
Not Yet Wild

SOLVED!!
I bypassed the 4 pin connector...no change. Scratched my head for a bit and then decided to insert a large bolt through the ITS...bingo...got full throttle. Went back and checked the plunger, all looked good but after close inspection I realized it was missing the sleeve. Installed new plunger with sleeve and it's now perfect!
Is this something that is done intentionally to limit the speed? Or possibly someone had it apart at some point and lost the sleeve?
Old 11-25-2021, 12:57 PM   #16
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

I would guess someone removed it otherwise the missing part would have been in the box.
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2021, 01:40 PM   #17
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by mototim View Post
SOLVED!!
I bypassed the 4 pin connector...no change. Scratched my head for a bit and then decided to insert a large bolt through the ITS...bingo...got full throttle. Went back and checked the plunger, all looked good but after close inspection I realized it was missing the sleeve. Installed new plunger with sleeve and it's now perfect!
Is this something that is done intentionally to limit the speed? Or possibly someone had it apart at some point and lost the sleeve?
Now you know why I said 99.9% instead of 99.999%.

Please post some pictures of the plunger with missing sleeve.

I've never heard of that problem before, so I learned something new.

Basically, the problem was not getting enough ferrous metal in close proximity to the coil in the ITS sensor.

Come to think ofit, I do remember something similar. The nylon sleeve forming the tunnel in a member's ITS sensor was worn and he found a brass sleeve that was the perfect fit. Brass having the opposite effect of iron inside a magnetic field rendered the system unusable.

Here is a schematic for what is inside the ITS sensor.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ITS sensor - Schematic.JPG (88.3 KB, 0 views)
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO