lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-25-2021, 09:12 AM   #11
cart around
Test before replacing

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Talking through an ignition problem

I'm going to link this thread in the HEI sticky thread so we won't have to search for it in the future.
cart around is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-26-2021, 11:29 AM   #12
E Werner
Not Yet Wild

This is a pre-MCI engine.
E Werner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2021, 01:43 PM   #13
cart around
Test before replacing

E-Z-GO

Good to know that it's pre-MCI. I'll keep that in mind when I'm ready to move to the 4 stroke world.
Old 11-27-2021, 10:26 AM   #14
cart around
Test before replacing

E-Z-GO

This is the link to the Napa module. https://www.napaonline.com/en/p/MPETP45SB

Now if we could get Trig or some of the other 4 stroke guys to do an experiment on their running carts. I would like to see it installed on both MCI, and pre-MCI.

Since the OEM parts are no longer available, and the aftermarket modules are junk, this just might be what everybody is looking for.
Old 11-27-2021, 08:37 PM   #15
trig123
Vintage tech
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by cart around View Post

Now if we could get Trig or some of the other 4 stroke guys to do an experiment on their running carts. I would like to see it installed on both MCI, and pre-MCI.

Since the OEM parts are no longer available, and the aftermarket modules are junk, this just might be what everybody is looking for.
If it could help others that are still running these fine engines I might just give it a go.
trig123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2021, 10:16 PM   #16
rbdaves
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by trig123 View Post
If it could help others that are still running these fine engines I might just give it a go.
Did you have any success?

I am struggling with a ‘99 EZGO with Robin 295 cc Engine. Can’t find OEM pulser, igniter or coil.
rbdaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2021, 09:05 PM   #17
JPonLKN
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbdaves View Post
Did you have any success?

I am struggling with a ‘99 EZGO with Robin 295 cc Engine. Can’t find OEM pulser, igniter or coil.
Before you go hunting for new parts to put in the parts cannon, what diagnostics have you done on the OEM parts already in the machine? What makes you think you need a Pulsar coil, igniter, or Ignition coil? I would bet you don't need all three. Two of the three can be tested very easily. The igniters aren't testable, but in my experience are rarely the issue...usually a wire, ground, switch, or connection somewhere that isn't allowing adequate current to the coil. I would recommend starting a new thread, taking some photos of your engine bay, and specifically the front and back area of the ignitor mounting plate, and the back side of the Forward/Reverse switch, and posting them in the new thread, then describe what you have done so far in chasing the problem.
JPonLKN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2022, 05:03 PM   #18
E Werner
Not Yet Wild

3-month Operating Report:

We've been using the cart daily since getting the new ignition system installed and working. It has been thoroughly reliable with the exception of the Autolite spark plugs which were fouling out about every other week. This may not be the fault of the plugs; considering the life this cart has had there may well be other factors at play. About two weeks ago I replaced them with NGK BP5ES plugs, which I was told run a bit hotter and may be more resistant to fouling than the factory spec. So far, these are doing just fine and I think are giving noticeably more power than the Autolites ever did.
E Werner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2022, 12:51 PM   #19
twilliams81
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by E Werner View Post
Well, since I didn't hear any advice to the contrary, I went and picked up a GM HEI module and wired it up as referenced elsewhere on this site. The HEI seems to have done its job, as now I have good spark on both plugs. However, the engine still will not run except for the briefest sputter when I first hit the gas. I tried swapping the pulsar wires at the HEI but that seems to make no difference. It seems like a timing issue to me, though I don't see any way that the timing could be adjusted. Any ideas where I can go from here? We need this cart back among the living pretty badly!

Thanks!
Where on this site did you see how this was wired up? Can you explain how you did it?
twilliams81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2022, 09:46 PM   #20
trig123
Vintage tech
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by cart around View Post

cart around I guess I needed a boot to do this so >

I have a module on the way the same as posted here. I bought it from rockauto because I can use paypal . Same one as the napa plus it was $6 cheaper and may even be better brand than the napa one . DELPHI DS10071

I got a cart I plan on trying it on in my shop. I will use the wiring diagram in post 8 which is on the first page of this post.

I got a computer CPU heat sink with plenty of compound let over from when I messed with computers.

I am just interested in trying it out myself to see if power is the same and it cranks as good as it does now with OEM stuff. My cart runs fine now. I call the cart I got my test cart anyway. Hope I don't blow it up lol because I rebuilt the engine last summer

It will be a few weeks but I will report back on the results I find out.
trig123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO