lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-10-2021, 01:46 PM   #11
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Default Re: Lithium battery level meter

I’d open it up (without unplugging anything, just open the case up) and turn it on to see how that particular panel is backlit. Usually it’s just a couple LED’s, you’d just need to inspect them closely and match them on mouser or digikey. They’re likely surface mount, so if you heat them up they pop right off. Then orient the new one so anode and cathode sides are correct and away you go. It sounds much more intimidating than it really is if you have some basic soldering skills and patience.

Alternatively I’d think that any electrical repair shop where they repair radios, amplifiers, instrument panels, etc. should be able to do it pretty easily. You’ll pay a premium for labor though, I think I’ve seen that meter when I was looking for one on Amazon for about $50. You’ll pay more in labor than what you paid for the kit.
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-15-2021, 09:10 AM   #12
Nolagt
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by CP241 View Post
Alternatively I’d think that any electrical repair shop where they repair radios, amplifiers, instrument panels, etc. should be able to do it pretty easily. You’ll pay a premium for labor though, I think I’ve seen that meter when I was looking for one on Amazon for about $50. You’ll pay more in labor than what you paid for the kit.
Thats what I think as well, id look for a different one vs paying someone to make the change unless there was no other option and it was possible.

I have that same meter but haven't installed it yet. My cart is black with green led so it works but id rather a smaller rectangle size one so ill tag along and see what you find
Nolagt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2021, 03:44 PM   #13
Pat911
Gone Wild
Club Car

The issue is finding a meter in the colour you want.

Paying someone to do it won’t be cheap, but it won’t be overly expensive either. The parts will be a dollar or two, and probably less than 1/2 hour labour, the bulk of the time being trying to dismantle the unit without breaking it.

Seriously, if you know someone that can solder it really is a simple modification.

Cheers
Pat.
Pat911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2021, 05:27 PM   #14
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat911 View Post
The issue is finding a meter in the colour you want.

Paying someone to do it won’t be cheap, but it won’t be overly expensive either. The parts will be a dollar or two, and probably less than 1/2 hour labour, the bulk of the time being trying to dismantle the unit without breaking it.

Seriously, if you know someone that can solder it really is a simple modification.

Cheers
Pat.
That’s kinda where I was going as well. If you have some basic soldering abilities, you can locate the color LED you want (digikey and mouser are great sources) and solder them yourself.

Worst case, it doesn’t work and $50 later you’ve got a brand new one like nothing ever happened. I’m sure labor would cost more than the $50
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2021, 06:50 PM   #15
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

What about just get some red or orange film to cover the screen?
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2021, 09:02 AM   #16
simicrintz
Gone Wild

Club Car

But red and green make yellow :)
simicrintz is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car