lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-07-2021, 02:20 PM   #1
snrbss
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default New Yamaha Drive 2 leaking

Can anyone help as to why my new Yamaha Drive 2 efi would be leaking? I got a 2022 model and it's only about 2 weeks old with 2.5 hrs on it. Here are a couple pics. After taking a flashlight to the engine there is open tubing connected to the throttle governor mechanism that seems it may be the culprit. Here are a couple pics. Sorry if this is a noob question just trying to figure this out as my dealer in 30 miles away.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_9892.jpg (202.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_9891.jpg (196.3 KB, 0 views)
snrbss is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-07-2021, 02:54 PM   #2
Golf cart guy
Gone Wild

Default Re: New Yamaha Drive 2 leaking

Thats the differential vent. I wouldnt lose any sleep over it yet. someone may have over filled the diff, but i doubt it.
Golf cart guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2021, 03:15 PM   #3
snrbss
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

So in theory the new engine could be venting excess rear diff fluid out of that 'vent'. I haven't even driven this thing hard or anything at all just around the neighborhood.
Old 11-08-2021, 11:48 AM   #4
rstacy
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by snrbss View Post
So in theory the new engine could be venting excess rear diff fluid out of that 'vent'. I haven't even driven this thing hard or anything at all just around the neighborhood.
That isn't exactly what's going on. The engine isn't directly doing it other than its driving the transaxle.

The transaxle is a little over full and its pushing fluid out. I wouldn't worry much about it. Just be sure that it is the vent tube and not something else. Also make sure that the vent line is routed properly.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg vent.jpg (103.5 KB, 0 views)
rstacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2021, 01:39 PM   #5
snrbss
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

It seems your governor mechanism and diff vent tubing is mounted differently than mine. Mine is mounted where the vent tubing is pointed towards what looks like the fan going towards the front of the engine. I checked the oil drain plug and the diff drain plug and don't see any fluid underneath. Where the output of this vent tube there was fluid at the tip of the tube and fluid on the back side of this fan and then subsequently dripping on the plastic skid plate and out this hole.
Old 11-08-2021, 02:48 PM   #6
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Take it back to the dealer and let them fix it.
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2021, 04:15 PM   #7
rstacy
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by snrbss View Post
It seems your governor mechanism and diff vent tubing is mounted differently than mine.
I am having a hard time picturing what you are describing.
Is yours a QuieTech?
Old 11-10-2021, 05:18 PM   #8
snrbss
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Yeah. I took it back to the dealer, and they said the only leak they could find is out the vent hole from the rear transaxle, the only fluid on the skid plate and back of motor was directly below that, and no fluid around the oil drain plug or axle drain plug. They said likely factory overfilled it.
Old 11-15-2021, 07:46 PM   #9
snrbss
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Well it’s still spewing fluid from the vent hole on the transaxle even after the dealer checked the fluid level. This thing only has like 3.5 hrs on it. What else could make it do that besides overfilling the transaxle?
Old 11-16-2021, 06:24 AM   #10
rstacy
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Nothing that I can think of. Are you over revving the car? Doing anything out of the ordinary with it? As a test, I would extend the vent tube and make the end physically higher. See if it still leaks oil.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha