lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO > Lithium EZGO

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-24-2021, 01:27 PM   #11
fstop
Gone Wild

Default Re: L4 / L6 with Navitas AC / 600A?

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvdamud View Post
Fstop, the cart is between 1000 and 1100lbs with the lithium battery. I have stock 20" tires and 16:1 rear and yes, I have slowed to very low mph and floored it many times. I love how it throws gravel when floored.

As far as your hesitation, I did experience that some due to voltage sag when my lithium pack would start to get low. I have a custom battery config using one of the lithium profiles (as told to do by Navitas) but when my pack would get low, a high amp acceleration run would make the voltage sag and the Navitas would throw a low voltage error and then immediately go away. I had to do a screen capture to actually catch it happening. I lowered the voltage in my config and that problem went away. It took a little trial and error to catch and to be honest, if I wasn't running the Lithium config in the Tac2 it probably would not have happened.
Great info - thanks for posting.

Question - What FW profile (RXV or L6 or generic etc...) and version are you running on your Tac2?
What are your "off road" settings (accel ramp rate and max accel)?

Issues I mention aren't related to voltage sag - ruled that out long ago.

Your 20" tires and 16:1 gears are I think possibly why you don't notice this issue.

I've got stock 12.5:1 gears and 22.5 (actual, say 23 on sidewall) tires so I've got a harder load for the motor to move.

Cart weights are in the same ballpark.

I can eliminate the harsh jerking just by lowering accel ramp rate parameter, but it also aggravates the hesitation that sometimes comes with re-acceleration. It's interesting that the stock setting for Accel Ramp Rate (usually 200) is so far out and causes these issues, but only in a 72v configuration. I had no such issues at 48/52v, with stock parameter at 200.
I need to use ~100 or so max to avoid the jerking upon hard re-acceleration from those slow speeds.

Thanks again for the info.
fstop is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-28-2021, 05:56 AM   #12
luvdamud
Getting Wild
Yamaha

Not sure what FW profile means but I am set up the same as an L6. But I did take a look and I'm actually 17:1 on the rear end gear config, 200 on ramp rate and 4096 max acceleration. I can check the version once I get back out into the shop and connect to the controller. Here are screenshots of my config.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screenshot_20211124-165010.jpg (65.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Screenshot_20211124-165021.jpg (68.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Screenshot_20211124-165033.jpg (74.2 KB, 0 views)
luvdamud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2021, 05:50 PM   #13
fstop
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvdamud View Post
Not sure what FW profile means but I am set up the same as an L6. But I did take a look and I'm actually 17:1 on the rear end gear config, 200 on ramp rate and 4096 max acceleration. I can check the version once I get back out into the shop and connect to the controller. Here are screenshots of my config.
Thanks - the version is on the FW tab, and would have a description followed by a number like 6.01 etc...

I think the high gear ratio may mask or eliminate what I'm noticing - a guess anyway. 17:1 along with smaller tires makes things much easier on your cart than mine, in any kind of acceleration situation.
fstop is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO > Lithium EZGO