lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-01-2021, 08:33 PM   #1
crippled
Not Yet Wild

Default 2017 TXT throttle cable adjustment

my new to me 2017 TXT seems to have a delay with the gas pedal, it feels like slack in the cable, is this normal? should i leave it in there? I saw a video on a adjust on a RXV which i think is the same engine? Can I adjust it to much? I do not want to damage the engin or anything like that.
crippled is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-02-2021, 07:57 AM   #2
Scott quail
Gone Wild

Default Re: 2017 TXT throttle cable adjustment

check on the back side of the motor. Youll see the adjustment for the throttle as well as the gov. Key off, press the pedal and see if that cable is moving the butterfly (governer) and pulling the rod connected to the carb. You can adjust the throttle on the back of the motor. Youll see where the cable comes out. It has 2 10MM nuts. You can adjust it there. Dont go too far though as this will cause the engine to go into HIGH RPMs and can damage the motor. Hope this helps some.
Scott quail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2021, 08:33 PM   #3
crippled
Not Yet Wild

thanks, i have not adjusted yet but my cart tops out at 20mph, is this normal with 23" tires?
Old 11-05-2021, 08:31 AM   #4
Scott quail
Gone Wild

I typically get them around around 23 MPH. I know they can go faster but it becomes a liability for us. You can adjust it where I said on the back of the motor where the 2 10 MM nuts are and you can get a little more speed out of it. Basically what it does is take up some slack in the cable to open the carb furter. There is also 2 different types of springs that come on the throttle cable. One is for fleet carts and one is for freedom carts. Depending on which one you have will depend on how fast it can go. If you have a fleet cart you can put a zip through through the spring and tie it so it doesnt have any stretch in the spring.
Old 11-14-2021, 11:13 PM   #5
crippled
Not Yet Wild

Yes i think it was a fleet. Is there a part number for the freedom spring? Should i adjust the cable and do the zip tie trick? Should i tighten the zip tie so the spring cannot open at all??
Old 11-16-2021, 10:36 AM   #6
Scott quail
Gone Wild

You can just zip tie it enough to hold it still. I wouldnt take all the flex out but just nice and snug.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO