lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Members Rides
Members Rides Golf Carts Only.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-15-2021, 04:22 PM   #1
Murphy Mobile
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Default Custom LiFePO4 145ah Pack, Alltrax, Admiral Project

Hello everyone! New to Buggiesgonewild and Golf carts but have been lurking for a few weeks now and figured I should share my build so far and see if the experts have some helpful tips for me. If I'm posting incorrectly or in the wrong section please let me know!

Recently got a dog and named her Murphy (why the name is murphy Mobile) and decided I should get a golf cart so we can ride to the local dog park. But I got the itch to make it my own so the project began

I picked up a 1997 48v Club Car Ds an old golf course cart for cheap and to my delight Murphy loved it to the point where my girlfriend and I call it her golf cart.

I started with the suspension, i went with the GTW 6 inch lift and replaced the tie rods ends and shock absorbers. Also replaced the steering rack and linkage to sharpen up the steering. Murphy loved the updated height

My plan is to add a rear seat so i went with the dual action set up (after reading others testimonials of comfort on here) and also replaced the rear shock absorber. I bought replacement drum and shoes but soon realized i had plenty of life left in my current parts so left that for another day.

Here's where my project took a bit of a custom route, my brother is an electrical engineer and complete nerd who talked me into building a custom LiFePO4 pack for my cart. So he contacted one of his battery sellers and found me new 150ah cells from china and placed an order for cheaper then what a new set of Trojans would cost me.

After 3 months of waiting we finally received the batteries and quickly balanced and cycle them a few times and found one cell tested low at 145ah so the pack is now a 145ah but that is plenty for Murphy and I.

We threw everything together in one day and added an on board charger, 12 volt lithium battery out of a BMW, and a 48v to 12v converter to charge it. Decided to go with an actual battery instead of a reducer for the performance and my brother had it laying around the shop and we thought it'd be cool.

<br />

<br />

The current setup is stock minus the pack and the cart is definitely faster but it might be the 200 pounds of batteries missing combine with the new age juice.

I already ordered an Alltrax 500 amp controller, HD F&R, HD solenoid and Admiral mot-a1 motor. So that'll be the next phase of the cart.

But for now Murphy and my gf are loving the convertible look
Murphy Mobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-16-2021, 05:57 AM   #2
BBBHC
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Custom LiFePO4 145ah Pack, Alltrax, Admiral Project

Cool build. Are you running a BMS in the setup?
BBBHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2021, 07:53 AM   #3
Murphy Mobile
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBBHC View Post
Cool build. Are you running a BMS in the setup?
Yes I'm using a Daly style BMS for now, will most likely change in the future but it works perfectly fine for now and it was easy.

Sorry for the bad pictures, I've been traveling a lot and haven't been able to clean up the wiring/cable management/Proper Mounting. I'm still deciding if I want to do the V glide to MCOR conversion, any suggestions?
Old 10-19-2021, 08:04 AM   #4
BBBHC
Gone Wild

Club Car

Pictures look fine to me. I've not gotten around to cleaning up my wire routing. Need to...

As for converting from v-glide to Mcor, I would suggest talking to Dave at Revolution Golf cars.http://www.revolutiongolfcars.com/ He is a site sponsor and you will not find anyone with more knowledge of Club Cars. In addition his customer service is second to none. He is the one I spoke with at length to determine how and what system would be best for how I planned to use my GC. After he gave me his opinions I chose to upgrade the system to and IQ setup instead of the v-glide. You can see in my signature all of my modifications. If you want some more detail and information you can read through my build thread. https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=147103
If you have any questions, feel free to ask.
Old 10-20-2021, 01:28 PM   #5
Murphy Mobile
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

I appreciate the info! I'll definitely give Dave a call/email and pick his brain on the MCOR and what I should make the settings on the alltrax, I figure start conservative and slowly turn it up.

Its funny because your build thread was one of the originals that brought me to BGW, because I've been wanting to try raptor liner for a bit. I enjoyed reading your build, for sure one of the cooler DS's on here
Old 10-22-2021, 08:20 AM   #6
BBBHC
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy Mobile View Post
I appreciate the info! I'll definitely give Dave a call/email and pick his brain on the MCOR and what I should make the settings on the alltrax, I figure start conservative and slowly turn it up.

Its funny because your build thread was one of the originals that brought me to BGW, because I've been wanting to try raptor liner for a bit. I enjoyed reading your build, for sure one of the cooler DS's on here
I'm glad you got some good information from my build thread! Thank you for the compliment!

Great looking dog. What breed is it?
Old 10-25-2021, 10:19 AM   #7
Murphy Mobile
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBBHC View Post
I'm glad you got some good information from my build thread! Thank you for the compliment!

Great looking dog. What breed is it?
Thank you! she's an English cream golden retriever, so basically a white golden retriever. She gets mistaken for a Lab constantly but she's a great dog who loves the cart so it's been fun! Do you take any dogs out for hunts or campsites?
Old 10-25-2021, 11:59 AM   #8
ThreeCW
Gone Wild

Cushman

You will want to include Murphy in the "Dogs on Carts" thread:

https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=89811

And thanks for sharing your build
ThreeCW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2021, 07:35 AM   #9
BBBHC
Gone Wild

Club Car

I have never heard of that description of a breed of golden. Been around dogs my whole life, mainly goldens for the last 30 years. Golden retrievers are my favorite by far!

Unfortunately my dog passed in 2019. She never got to enjoy the buggy, other than just hanging around and watching me work on it. Had to make the heart breaking decision after she got cancer. Went through the hardest time in my life with that dog and she was my rock. I got her from a rescue. She was there with two of her sisters who looked like your typical golden retrievers. I'll have to figure out how to change the format of the picture I have. Apparently this site does not like jpg format.
Old 11-02-2021, 09:03 PM   #10
benjylafond
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy Mobile View Post

I bought the 1 gallon bedliner kit for my 99 DS. Was a bit messy, but am happy with the results. Was a lot less work than fixing all the deep gouges in the fiberglass. I've been watching "Bitchin Rides" too much lately though. Think I'm going to get out the painter's tape and try to do some "ghost flames" with gloss black paint this weekend. Wish me luck.
benjylafond is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Members Rides