lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Icon

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-03-2021, 08:22 AM   #11
zmoore
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Shared List of Accessories

The storage bag in row 73, has anyone used this? does it fit between the seats without any velcro or similar?
zmoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-03-2021, 10:08 AM   #12
dap247
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by zmoore View Post
The storage bag in row 73, has anyone used this? does it fit between the seats without any velcro or similar?
I included that after seeing ATrain mention it in a prior post. It does sound like it attaches to the bars between the rows via velcro.
dap247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2021, 11:03 AM   #13
ATrain
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by zmoore View Post
It uses the "MOLLE" system (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MOLLE) to attach. So it's snaps and loops and it goes around the bar behind the seat. The WIKI doesn't show great pictures, just google "MOLLE system".

I love it. It's my secret compartment. You can see it if you're actually looking for it, but for the most part nobody ever knows it's there. I leave all sorts of things in there.
ATrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2021, 02:10 PM   #14
zmoore
Not Yet Wild

Thanks all!!
zmoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2021, 11:56 AM   #15
HDaugus
Not Yet Wild

Hi,

I don't know if these things deserve to be on the list because they come with some caveats, but I have found them helpful:

CARGO CADDIE
I'm not even going to put a link to this thing because the price is highway robbery for what it is. Except it looks nice and it's kind of perfect for my needs. I mostly use my cart for errands and usually only have one passenger with me when I have a passenger. Because I drive around by myself a lot I leave the Cargo Caddie on the back to discourage unexpected passengers from hopping on the back and then I just take it off when I have extra passengers.

LOCKABLE TIE DOWN
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

To strap the Cargo Caddie to the back seat. There are several of these available. I don't super love this one because it's kind of curly due to the metal wire that runs through it to make it less cuttable, but it's not terrible.

3 Gallon Tote From Staples
I couldn't find it on the Staples website - I bought it in the store. I think it is their TruRed brand and it's gray, with a lighter gray top. It's not huge but what I like about it is that it's short enough to slide into the space under the back seat without having to flip the back seat back to the up position. Because I leave the Cargo Caddie on a lot it's too much of a pain to take it off every time I want to get to that area.

Mesh Cargo Net
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

This one fits on the cargo caddie and stretches over groceries, boxes of stuff that need to be shredded, whatever.

Heather
HDaugus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2021, 12:59 PM   #16
HDaugus
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by dap247 View Post
The wood dash appears in the link but you would select "carbon fiber" from the dropdown on that website. It currently shows as out of stock though. That should give you the info to find it at another retailer though.
Looking at the carbon fiber dash - It looks as though a hole would need to be cut for the forward/backward rocker switch? Is that what it looks like to you?

Note: Just had a look at it again and it looks like the rocker switch could be moved to the punch out between the key and the phone charger maybe.
Old 11-12-2021, 12:11 PM   #17
dap247
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDaugus View Post
Looking at the carbon fiber dash - It looks as though a hole would need to be cut for the forward/backward rocker switch? Is that what it looks like to you?

Note: Just had a look at it again and it looks like the rocker switch could be moved to the punch out between the key and the phone charger maybe.
Yes, you'll want to cut the dash with a dremel if keeping the switch on top. It's not compatible size-wise with the bottom center for some odd reason but it sounds like at least one person on FB did it with an adapter housing and some additional cutting. That said, none of the active dealers there say it will work...
dap247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2021, 01:17 PM   #18
HDaugus
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by dap247 View Post
Yes, you'll want to cut the dash with a dremel if keeping the switch on top. It's not compatible size-wise with the bottom center for some odd reason but it sounds like at least one person on FB did it with an adapter housing and some additional cutting. That said, none of the active dealers there say it will work...
Hopefully there are starting to be enough Icon owners that they'll make one specifically for the Icon. I would love a locking glove compartment or two but I think I'll wait until there's one made for the Icon specifically.
Old 11-13-2021, 06:17 AM   #19
jeffahfah
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDaugus View Post
Hopefully there are starting to be enough Icon owners that they'll make one specifically for the Icon. I would love a locking glove compartment or two but I think I'll wait until there's one made for the Icon specifically.
if you ever seen one in person, the locking mechanism is super easy to bypass. I have the carbon one on my mine. Its nice to keep things tucked away, like a remote to your soundbar, or to keep papers from flying. By no means should you put anything in there that you wish to keep from prying eyes. You can literally twist the thing open.

Other downside is that there's a vibration noise that is generated from the doors when braking. Not like violent shaking but much like an electric toothbrush and it gets amplified by the doors and latch.

As stated you will need to cut a hole but the rocker switch does not mount on that. it mounts behind it. The hole doesnt have to be super precise (obviously want to make it look straight) and you can use adhesive foam to hide the roughness of the cut, it will make the rocker switch look like it's mounted into a blank.
jeffahfah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2021, 01:26 PM   #20
Itchy75
Not Yet Wild

Any recommendation on covers for an I40L? Looking for a heavy-weight one, that can be cinched/bungee-corded.

The dealer I got the cart from can't seem to get them back in stock.
Itchy75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Icon