lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Tomberlin

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-23-2021, 04:41 PM   #1
graphictees
Not Yet Wild

Default 2007 Emerge Reducer Replacement

I wanted to replace the reducer that I have in my 2007 Tomberlin Emerge, so I ordered a new one but now I'm confused as to how to install it. The old one has only 3 wires Red, Black, & Yellow. The yellow and Black were hooked up to the Solenoid. The new one has 4 wires. I have no idea where they go. PLEASE HELP. I have included some pics of the old one and how it was hooked up to the Solenoid.

The Yellow wire had a fuse on it and was hooked up to one of the Large Terminals of the Solenoid. I figured out that this was for the headlights.

Black wire was hooked up to the Positive small terminal of the solenoid.

Red wire was clipped into the wiring harness.

The side of the reducer lists 4 wires, but there are only 3 coming from the reducer. The new reducer has 4 wires - input48v Pos and Neg & Output 12v Pos and Neg. How do I hook this up?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg thumbnail1.jpg (87.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg thumbnail2.jpg (66.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg thumbnail4.jpg (86.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg thumbnail5.jpg (126.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg thumbnail3.jpg (93.5 KB, 0 views)
graphictees is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-23-2021, 06:09 PM   #2
Scott quail
Gone Wild

Default Re: 2007 Emerge Reducer Replacement

If the yellow wire was hooked up to the solenoid it would be the 48V positive. The black wires are grounds and the one clipped into the harness should be your 12v to lights. Id check to see if there is any voltage at the red wire on the harness just to be safe. If not, check continuity from the red wire clip to your headlight switch. Id guess it is. If thats the case, your input 48v wire can go to the same big post on the solenoid. The blacks are grounds and to be safe id put them.on the main ground battery unless your certain shich side of the solenoid is ground. And your 12v output would go.to the red wire on the harness...this is assuming that the red wire is indeed the same wire that runs to.your headlight switch.
Scott quail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2021, 06:20 PM   #3
Scott quail
Gone Wild

Correction. Black wire from harness may be your ground for your headlights. So the 12v ground from the reducer would hook to that.
Old 08-23-2021, 11:03 PM   #4
graphictees
Not Yet Wild

Thank you so much for the reply. I'm still a little confused and don't want to short anything. The original Reducer only had 3 wires. The new reducer has 4 wires. The original Yellow wire had a fuse on it and when I removed that fuse, the lights would go out. Everything else was working. This yellow wire was on the Big post on the Solenoid. So you said that would be the 48v Positive?

This is a picture of the new Reducer with 4 wires. If I am understanding you correctly:

1) the Red wire on the new reducer be the same as the yellow wire on the old one and this would hook up to the big post on the Solenoid with a fuse?

2) the 12v Black Wire should go to the Negative small terminal on the Solenoid

3) the Yellow wire on the new reducer should hook up to the red wire on the Harness

4) the 48v Black wire should go to a Negative post on one of the batteries? Would that be the last negative post in the series?

Is this correct?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg thumbnail6.jpg (75.6 KB, 0 views)
Old 08-24-2021, 04:44 AM   #5
Scott quail
Gone Wild

The red and black on the left side is your 48v. Red wire to the same big post as the yellow one was on. Black on left side is 48v neg. Goes to main negative battery post which is the last negative in the series of batteries. The yellow wire is the 12v POS. This hooks to your headlight positive which i believe is the red on the harness. And the 12v black can go to the neg side of the solenoid. Im assuming the neg for the lights is on the solenoid so instead of ohming it out to figure out which one, just put it on the NEG side of the solenoid. First thing first. Check the red wire on the harness. If no voltage, confirm with continuity that its your headlight wire. Since it was hooked to the reducer id assume it is. If it is indeed your headlight wire, hook the 12v pos to it and the other wires where i stated. Should be good to go
Old 08-24-2021, 07:37 AM   #6
graphictees
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for the help and I'm glad that I didn't just match the colors... I will try everything today and let you know what happens.

Tags
tomberlin reducer
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Tomberlin