lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-02-2021, 06:20 PM   #61
MYCART8A4RE
Getting Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Extreme Team install

Alright, here are my controller settings for my 400 amp Altrax controller used with the Extreme Team Lithium 48v 100ah battery. To be more precise I have a 2016 Club Car Precedent with stock motor that has a 1" lift with 21" tires and a back seat kit. I love in South Florida on flat land with no hills....

KSI on voltage = 24v
Under voltage = 40v
Over voltage = 60v
Max motoring armature amps = 400a
Max motoring battery amps = 350a

(These reg settings below are for how you want your regen braking to work for you)
Max regen armature amps = 50a
Max regen battery amps = 30a
Plug braking current = 220a

(Below is preference for reversing speed)
Max reverse motor speed = 20%

Speed limit = 6000rpm (stock precedent motor)

Throttle rate = 60%

I included some of my preferences in the settings but the rest of the settings are purely on you. Use these settings at your own risk and will. I'm only stating what I use and what works for my particular application. I did also change the Max output amperage setting of the lithium pack from 350a to 400a to get the most of my controller without tripping the BMS. This can be done using the BT app for the lithium battery. Again, this was my choice after making phone calls and talking with the right people to verify. I'm sharing MY personal settings so once again, change these at your own risk please. These work great for me while 95% of the time having only 2 passengers total, occasionally 4. My cart easily wheelies with people on the back seat. I usually adjust my torque down when having back seat passengers unless I'm showing off.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20210903_145030.jpg (204.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20210903_145100.jpg (257.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20210524_194542.jpg (617.5 KB, 0 views)
MYCART8A4RE is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-03-2021, 12:03 AM   #62
Nicko773
Not Yet Wild

Excellent... Im in south Florida too. And now realize I need a lithium setup rolling 30+ mph for miles and miles.
Nicko773 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2021, 06:57 AM   #63
Beerdude77
Getting Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by fstop View Post
Sounds like the controller was dropping into low voltage / battery mode. You would see a yellow exclamation box if you were looking at the app.

Look at the voltage (real time) when it happens and see what it drops to. Having others in the cart will also cause more drop (more current) under hard acceleration.

The Navitas lithium battery profiles are a mess - I wouldn't use them. I'd modify a few of the lead acid parameters.
I heard back from Extreme Team shortly after my post, they recommended changing the nominal battery voltage from the default 76.79 that populated when my battery was selected in the battery type down to 72. I had charged the pack overnight so that may have solved the issue but I took the cart on the longest and steepest hill in my neighborhood where my Roypow battery would cut off and I plowed right up the hill doing 30-33mph the whole time. I also had no passengers so that certainly could've influenced it.

On a side note, they apologized about the lack of working 12v side and offered two solutions to fix it. I chose to just keep my pre-existing 12v reducer and use that for the light kit since it seems to work fine that way. Hopefully once I add a stereo that remains the case.
Beerdude77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2021, 08:51 AM   #64
jonr3
Gone Wild

Harley Davidson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beerdude77 View Post
I heard back from Extreme Team shortly after my post, they recommended changing the nominal battery voltage from the default 76.79 that populated when my battery was selected in the battery type down to 72. I had charged the pack overnight so that may have solved the issue but I took the cart on the longest and steepest hill in my neighborhood where my Roypow battery would cut off and I plowed right up the hill doing 30-33mph the whole time. I also had no passengers so that certainly could've influenced it.

On a side note, they apologized about the lack of working 12v side and offered two solutions to fix it. I chose to just keep my pre-existing 12v reducer and use that for the light kit since it seems to work fine that way. Hopefully once I add a stereo that remains the case.
What were the two solutions that they offered?

I don't have one of their batteries yet, but I just sold my RoyPow and am trying to decide on an Extreme Team or a RoyPow "P" version.
jonr3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2021, 10:30 AM   #65
MYCART8A4RE
Getting Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicko773 View Post
Excellent... Im in south Florida too. And now realize I need a lithium setup rolling 30+ mph for miles and miles.
Highly recommend it Nicko, I feel like it was one of the best decisions I've made outside of purchasing the golfcart itself back in 2018. In my cart I saved 300lbs. That, no more watering and the added storage space under the seat is a game changer!
Old 11-04-2021, 06:39 AM   #66
Beerdude77
Getting Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonr3 View Post
What were the two solutions that they offered?

I don't have one of their batteries yet, but I just sold my RoyPow and am trying to decide on an Extreme Team or a RoyPow "P" version.
They offered a replacement for inside of the pack itself or an external converter (I assume similar to what I already had installed with my old FLA set up I chose neither since I already have a converter and all my accessories connected to it (It's mounted in the front behind the front bumper/light, right behind the dash.

So far from what I have seen Extreme Team offers better customer service/communication than Roypow. Whatever you get just make sure you have the proper max current draw based on your motor/controller set up.
Beerdude77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2021, 10:24 AM   #67
ousuxndallas
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Received my 48v 150Ah lithium battery pack from Extreme Team yesterday. Installed, runs great. Gained 2 to 3 mph from me lead acid setup.

Most of my install time was spent reconfiguring the battery tray. On my CC precedent, I removed the center divider, cut down some of the plastic on the bottom, and moved my controller, tow switch and solenoid around. For now it's all loose while I tested things out. I plan on attaching the controller on the back wall, and attaching the solenoid to the floor (maybe on a metal plate to protect it from water/mud coming up through the battery tray holes).

I have not yet tested the 12v part of the battery. Mine did not come with a built in meter, looks like they started producing without those.
ousuxndallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2021, 01:05 PM   #68
MYCART8A4RE
Getting Wild

Club Car

Welcome to the club!
No maintenance..... priceless!
Old 12-12-2021, 12:56 PM   #69
LakePlacidGolfer
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

I'm considering the Lithium replacement from Extreme Team for my 2013 Precedent with original motor. While I am handy with household repairs and new construction, DC electricity is not something I am familiar with. I wish there were step-by-step instructions or a video somewhere.

I just use my cart to go a few hundred yards from our condo to play 18 holes on the golf course and then back to condo. The 48v/60Ah lithiums are in stock at Extreme Team and I *think* this will be fine for me.

The first few posts in this thread were very helpful in preparing me for my install. I know I have to drill out the ring terminals to fit on the new lithium batteries.

I have a Rhox light kit and a combined battery meter/USB charging port installed on my current cart setup with the lead-acid batteries. I'm thinking I will wire the lights to the 12v side of the new lithium and also wire a new USB charging port to the 12v.

What I'm not clear on is having to "bypass" the existing OBC or not? Do the 2013's have an OBC?

I would appreciate any help or advice.
LakePlacidGolfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2021, 09:18 AM   #70
DaveMJ
Gone Wild

Club Car

If you currently have an active OBC, you'll need to bypass it. I think 2014 was the first year without an OBC.

Sent from my SM-A526U1 using Tapatalk
DaveMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car