lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Icon

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-04-2021, 04:27 PM   #61
GWork11
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Programming Software Download Here

So I have an issue going on I cant seem to get past, any help would be appreciated.
I am getting a solid red light on my can usb and then getting an error in my Tune application.

1 I installed Tune software
2. I then plugged in the cable for usb and updated the driver using the folder CDM v2.12.28 WHQL that was listed in this forum.
3. I then plugged in the usb cable, plug in the cart, turn the cart on, started the software and got a red light and an error after hitting tuning.

ERROR MESSAGE READS: CAN RECEPTION TIMEOUT

Please help, I followed the instructions from this page but I am still having issues. I am grateful for any help. Thanks.
GWork11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-04-2021, 05:03 PM   #62
ATrain
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by GWork11 View Post
So I have an issue going on I cant seem to get past, any help would be appreciated.
I am getting a solid red light on my can usb and then getting an error in my Tune application.

1 I installed Tune software
2. I then plugged in the cable for usb and updated the driver using the folder CDM v2.12.28 WHQL that was listed in this forum.
3. I then plugged in the usb cable, plug in the cart, turn the cart on, started the software and got a red light and an error after hitting tuning.

ERROR MESSAGE READS: CAN RECEPTION TIMEOUT

Please help, I followed the instructions from this page but I am still having issues. I am grateful for any help. Thanks.
Did you check this thread - https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=176996

And sometimes the timeout can be a poor connection. I've received it and just retry. The device establishes a connection, but then it polls (see wiki) and if it loses that communication, it will be a timeout as it continues to try and poll/reestablish a connection.
ATrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2021, 06:23 PM   #63
GWork11
Not Yet Wild

Thank you for the reply. Do you think if I get the red light on the canusb the driver is ok? It might be connection issue on the cable i made? I will make another one and try it. If I can't get it I might ht have to buy one from you. I did follow that link.
GWork11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2021, 10:46 AM   #64
ATrain
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by GWork11 View Post
Thank you for the reply. Do you think if I get the red light on the canusb the driver is ok? It might be connection issue on the cable i made? I will make another one and try it. If I can't get it I might ht have to buy one from you. I did follow that link.
You need the green light. Could be the cable.
Old 08-23-2021, 02:22 PM   #65
BobInDaytona
Getting Wild

I guess I was too late - link does not work right now.
BobInDaytona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2021, 02:05 PM   #66
IconKing
Not Yet Wild

Everything was working fine and now my canusb just flashes. I tried updating driver on my computer but it doesn’t even show in device manager anymore.
IconKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2021, 03:07 PM   #67
Itchy75
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itchy75 View Post
ahem.
Itchy75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2021, 06:00 PM   #68
ATrain
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by IconKing View Post
Everything was working fine and now my canusb just flashes. I tried updating driver on my computer but it doesn’t even show in device manager anymore.
Sounds like a cable issue. If the USB cable is bent a ton, it can break a wire or the special cable with the molex end on it might have an issue.

I think if any 1 of the wires on the molex don't connect properly, it wouldn't work, but the device manager bit...

When you say the CANUSB no longer appears in the device manager...that should always appear if you plug the device into your computer, regardless of the golf cart. Check the "unknown devices" as well in case it's somewhere in there.
Old 10-27-2021, 09:30 AM   #69
Colt45FL
Not Yet Wild

I tried to download dependency (FTD2XX.dll) but still get the error when trying to open "Tune" any thoughts? thx
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ICON EV TUNE.jpg (20.1 KB, 0 views)
Colt45FL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2021, 12:21 PM   #70
ATrain
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt45FL View Post
I tried to download dependency (FTD2XX.dll) but still get the error when trying to open "Tune" any thoughts? thx
Check - https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=176996
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Icon