lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-02-2021, 10:59 AM   #1
B25
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Bad GCOR?

Hi all. I have a 2010 gas Club car precedent that I purchased over the summer. I brought it home(from the campground) in the fall to install a lift kit, and this is where it gets weird. After I installed the lift and took it for a test drive(which went well!), I decided to replace the floor mat and do a little clean up. I unplugged the 6 pin oval connector from the gas pedal(throttle module) to remove the pedal assembly to clean it up. However, when I re-installed the pedal assembly, the cart won't start...nothing, no click on the solenoid, nothing. I cannot seem to find anything to trouble shoot the GCOR module, and don't want to blindly replace it at $250 to find out that is not my problem. Any help or advise would be greatly appreciated, thanks! I have checked the battery, solenoid, key switch, and don't know what else to check, everything seems to point to the CGOR.
B25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-04-2021, 11:39 AM   #2
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

Default Re: Bad GCOR?

Double check the none of the pins got bent and that the connectors are plugged in all the way and clicked in. The GCOR is only a couple of switches, and nothing in there to go bad just from unplugging it.

Did you flip the maintenance mode switch? It will only run with the shifter in N if you don’t flip that back to Run.

Also check the fuses in the holder by the battery. Pretty sure that one will have the black plastic plug cover. Just looks like a random connector kinda hanging out with a cap on it.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2021, 12:19 PM   #3
B25
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Thanks for the reply! I did check the pins and fuses, and it all looks good. Is there any way to meter-out the switches in the GCOR that you are aware of? I can't seem to find any other reason for it to not start. I guess I'm hoping for an answer other than having to replace it, but if need be, I will.
Old 02-04-2021, 10:00 PM   #4
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

Yes, it should have only two switches. One is a NO switch for the starting circuit, the other is an NC switch for the ignition kill circuit. A simple continuity test of the pins will show if it is working or not.
The starting switch should go from No continuity to showing continuity as the pedal is pressed.

The ignition kill switch will be the opposite: it should have continuity with pedal not pressed, and then should open to show no continuity as the pedal is pressed.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2021, 09:42 AM   #5
B25
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Again, thank you for your help! Makes sense to me, and I did put my meter across what I think are the correct contacts, but I'm not sure. Any rate, I had no change in continuity on either switch, provided I was on the right terminals. Would you happen to know what the pin-out is? I really appreciate the help!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car