lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk! > Clone Engine Swaps

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-21-2020, 07:18 PM   #131
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

Default Re: VRX460 Magnum

They know it is not race grade as double coil higher lb pressure valve springs are a no no. And for Omega I am going to $ up to a race grade camshaft.
raydhd is online now   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-22-2020, 02:16 PM   #132
Shepard
Crazy Ole Man

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by raydhd View Post
They know it is not race grade as double coil higher lb pressure valve springs are a no no. And for Omega I am going to $ up to a race grade camshaft.
I used VC 32 lb springs on a VC camshaft. I can see why Vegas got rid of them, it just sucks it was to people I trust. You win some and you lost once in a while. I'm going with a Dyno Cam.
Shepard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2020, 05:23 PM   #133
Shepard
Crazy Ole Man

Yamaha

I changed internet providers yesterday - turned off the satellite and went to cable. So much faster.
Old 08-28-2020, 12:14 PM   #134
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Thats not good. I think I stoned the lobes edges with mine just to be sure. But the first oil change it had a lot of metallic in it. I assumed it was the hone job and new rings doing it. Next oil change it had none, just changed again and none. But that first one looked like metallic paint however I think it was aluminum as a magnet did nothing to it. It still runs the same far as I know, though with the new slide carb it has more top end for sure. That CV carb just wasnt getting it at high rpm but was flawless at under 4K. Those should be hardened, all they are is stock cores ground with more duration. They should be raw castings and ground just like a stock cam is, but who knows. Mine had a ton of endplay I should get shims for in case I ever take it back apart. I'm really tired of working on the engine I want to do other things with the cart like change lighting and get a bumper on it.

My cable is super fast its over 100mbps now, but the company sucks and it blips often. I can stream two tv at 1080 no problem and still run phones/pc on it.

One other issue I have is I can pull start my clone easy right now, the vegas cam has comp release. I don't know if the starter would work without it and assume the recoil wont be fun without it, as some cams don't have it. Some cams have a lot of lift you can't run 1.3 rockers with.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2020, 09:37 PM   #135
Shepard
Crazy Ole Man

Yamaha

I ordered a new cam today from NR - 280 lift -- 220 duration -- manufactured by Crankshaft Craftsmen.

http://www.nrracing.com/product-p/390cam-280.htm
Old 08-29-2020, 03:28 PM   #136
BIKERMIKEYBLACK
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Wow Jerry you got the hemi running and chewed up the cam dang I just don’t trust those Chinese cam I don’t think I’m gonna use it in mine either
BIKERMIKEYBLACK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2020, 12:15 PM   #137
Shepard
Crazy Ole Man

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIKERMIKEYBLACK View Post
Wow Jerry you got the hemi running and chewed up the cam dang I just don’t trust those Chinese cam I don’t think I’m gonna use it in mine either
It was the original Vegas Carts cam that's in both my other 2 engines. I haven't had any extreme amount of material on my drain plug magnets. This was a cam they sold off to NR -- must have been in the batch of cams I've read about breaking. Mike, I wouldn't use the VC cam -- where did you buy it? There was a time Vegas didn't sell any cams for the 460, now they have one listed - but out of stock and the specs don't match the original Torque cam.
Old 08-31-2020, 05:16 PM   #138
BIKERMIKEYBLACK
Gone Wild

Yamaha

I got mine after I bought my engine and asked about the cam (I had a stock one ) they found one laying around and sent it to me but I’ve already decided I’m NOT gonna use it this is the final straw
BIKERMIKEYBLACK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2021, 08:20 AM   #139
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

bump
raydhd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2022, 11:11 AM   #140
Calleberg
Not Yet Wild

Bump again, curious if this was worth all the extra trouble or if it ended up just being different?

I'm running a pretty healthy VC460 in a gokart at the moment. Contemplating building another complete spare kart as I have most of the parts laying around anyway.
Maybe a hemi head equals more fun? There is no rule book so anything goes
Calleberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk! > Clone Engine Swaps