lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts
Lifted Golf Carts Off-Road Golf Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-12-2009, 10:25 PM   #21
groundpounder
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: Terra Toys

Quote:
Originally Posted by crash12888 View Post
Dude! you are starting to repeat yourself. Buy the kit you like, install it and give us your readers digest version on how you like it!
And before you jump in my mess, I've already been told i'm an azzhole!!!!!!
groundpounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-12-2009, 10:51 PM   #22
Radicalgolfcarts
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

You guys all now what you are talking about, I think it's great there is alot of knowledge to be absorbed on this site! I have nothing bad to say about any lift... It's not like these things go 90 M.P.H.... well some might, all of the kits are going to be exactly what you need. The only thing I have to say is I personally enjoy All Sports, they make great products. I also buy from Stretch Plastics, and Jake's. The only thing I notice from Stretch is that you wouldn't be able to fit it in the back of a pick-up truck, where All Sports you will be able to. Thats's the only difference I see, I'm sure that they both are the same quality.
Radicalgolfcarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 01:35 AM   #23
BigBlockMan
Gone Wild

I'll probably regret jumping in here but what the heck. If you are easily pissed off or tender hearted skip this post. I sell all 3 brands and they all have there good points. I can tell you this I have never had any serious issues with any of them.

I have been a Stretch dealer the longest and they have always taken care of any issue I have had. They have made great quality products for years. I will also tell you my last call to my salesman he informed me they will no longer build thier long travel for Yamaha carts. Unfortunatly I can also tell you this. One of the last Stretch long travel kits I sold included thier long travel rear lift. Total was well over $1100. Expression on customers face when he picked it up was NOT priceless. EVERY box had made in china in huge letters. I was not impressed. That makes my job a tough sell as the quality is instantly questioned.

I have been a Allsports dealer for many years also. They have always stood behind thier products 100% also. Due to my location I have personally visited there facility several times and have developed a great relationship with them.
Anybody here who has talked to me personally can verify I say what I think. (Not always a good thing, Just ask my wife) I can tell you I have called and brought certain things to thier attention. They have always made every effort to correct any issues. They do produce everything in the US. That means alot to a guy who spent 20 years building automation equipment for the big three auto makers. If you want to get mad walk into a auto plant that pushes the BUY AMERICAN and see 80% of the machinery that builds the parts and the cars is built overseas. Anyways I rambeling. Do they build any products that I think somebody else builds better?....Sure. Have
they also done things for my customers beyond what a dealer expects? Yes they have.

I have been a Jake's dealer for the shortest time 5-6 years. They also build some quality products and have given me 100% suppport. I have sold many of thier lifts and accessories. They have always satisfied my customers questions or problems. I believe thier lifts are all built in PA however they do use shocks that are made overseas for thier long travel lifts. This they say is necessary to stay competitive on pricing. Unfortunatly they also admit they are not as high of quality as they would like them to be. Maybe they will find a higher quality replacement in the near future. Do they build any products that I think somebody else builds better?...Sure. Have they handled every customer issue yes they have.

As a dealer do I understand Mfgs need to stay competitive? Yes I do. Do they all build quality products? Yes they do. Everybody has a opinion of whats the best fit for them. You will never talk a Chevy guy into a Ford and a Dodge guy thinks there both crazy. Thats what opinions are all about. Also intended use has alot to do with whats the best fit for you. A guy in a retirement park may not need or want the same suspension as a guy who spends every weekend at Glamis sand dunes. Same goes for Dealers. Some customers are satisfied when they ask hows this lift work? and the salesman says "It makes your cart higher". Some customers want a salesman who can tell them "Its a long travel independent suspension kit, It has 3 times the travel of the stock suspension. It also has adjustable caster, camber, and toe in.
BigBlockMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 05:41 AM   #24
BRS
Master BS'r

Club Car

Good info.
BRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 06:01 AM   #25
azboo
Super Moderator

Club Car

I think we should sticky that post and just point everyone there when they ask about lifts.

Boo
azboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 09:58 AM   #26
TheNewGuy
Admin/Moderator

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by azboo View Post
I think we should sticky that post and just point everyone there when they ask about lifts.

Boo
Done.

TheNewGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 10:12 AM   #27
mikesmotortoys
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Now why didn't that get added at the TOP of this thread!!! Very well said

Factory EZGO - Bad Boy Buggy - Dixie Chopper Mowers
mikesmotortoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 03:37 PM   #28
bboyter
Getting Wild

Yamaha

I have a terra toys lift on my g22. you can get one from alpha carts if you still want one. Frank is great to deal with. Dont let anyone downplay a yami. I think it is the best one out there.
bboyter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 03:41 PM   #29
bboyter
Getting Wild

Yamaha

I have a terra toys lift on my g22. you can get one from alpha carts if you still want one. Frank is great to deal with. Dont let anyone downplay a yami. I think it is the best one out there.

bboyter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 04:21 PM   #30
ads245
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by bboyter View Post
Without a doubt in my mind Yamaha makes nothing, but the best. I have had some of the others, no comparison. THAT IS JUST MY OPINION. Plus the fact that Yamaha is the only manufacturer that makes their own golf cart engines.
ads245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts