lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Members Rides
Members Rides Golf Carts Only.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-30-2016, 12:06 AM   #21
dlaf7577
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: Operation G22 - My First Build

Hey Dan!
Thanks for starting this. I cant wait to get the 3" lift so I can start my "upgrades" I hope I dont have the problems like you did. I trust my "vendor" lol. I'll have to post some pics for you so you can see your "good old lift" in action again! Talk soon!

Oh and BTW GO SABRES!!

~Dave
dlaf7577 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-30-2016, 09:29 AM   #22
Daubers
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlaf7577 View Post
Hey Dan!
Thanks for starting this. I cant wait to get the 3" lift so I can start my "upgrades" I hope I dont have the problems like you did. I trust my "vendor" lol. I'll have to post some pics for you so you can see your "good old lift" in action again! Talk soon!

Oh and BTW GO SABRES!!

~Dave
Ignoring the Sabres comment... lol. I hope you enjoy your lift! Any questions or issues or anything just let me know brother. I won't pull a "jakes" on you ;)
Daubers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2016, 10:29 AM   #23
Daubers
Gone Wild

Yamaha

I had a bit of a scare this morning. I got everything buttoned up last night so all I had to do was take it for a quick test drive, recheck bolts and get it on my trailer to take to camp. Well I get on, hit the gas and.... nothing. Totally dead. Took me a bit of chasing wires and seeing how everything works ( first cart ), and it ended up being the fuse blown on the solenoid. No idea why since all wires were still adequate length and nothing was messed with mechanically.

Anyways it fired right up, and while I was back there I drilled out the governor. Runs much better now. I knew it would help with top speed, but it does better across the board now. Had a couple backfires though. Going to look into that later and just enjoy it for the weekend before I break something else lol
Old 10-02-2016, 08:09 AM   #24
Ant-Knee
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daubers View Post
My helpers

Got the front end torn off last night

hmm, wonder if this would account for any of the sloppy steering.....

rear done

and my 2 oldest driving their built up buggy

Hey man,

I love the Nova in the back ground...
Brings back memories of my old 72 I had...
****, I should have held on to that car...
Carts real nice too..

Ant...
Ant-Knee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2016, 06:14 AM   #25
Daubers
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant-Knee View Post
Hey man,

I love the Nova in the back ground...
Brings back memories of my old 72 I had...
****, I should have held on to that car...
Carts real nice too..

Ant...
Thank man! Mine is a 72 as well. She has been a long project and is close to done but at a financial standstill. Frame off resto done, full cage, mini tub, etc. Just gotta finish the drivetrain. I have a 454 out of a 72 Chevelle SS that I need to do a little work on and will be going in, then just finally deciding on what trans to put behind it.
Old 10-03-2016, 07:15 AM   #26
Daubers
Gone Wild

Yamaha

I got to put some miles on the new lift this weekend and it did great. Ride quality and handling was 1000x better than with the spindle. There really is just no comparison. I got tons of compliments on it generally just guys confused by the "quad" suspension on it lol. My camp is full of modified golf carts but most of them just thrown money at them and buy them already built so they mostly look the same. I very much enjoy having something different.
Old 10-03-2016, 11:02 AM   #27
Captaintv
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Hey if you will post a picture looking straight down the side of the body that shows exactly how far out the front tires are.
Just to put it into perspective.

Thanks!
Captaintv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2016, 12:47 PM   #28
Daubers
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captaintv View Post
Hey if you will post a picture looking straight down the side of the body that shows exactly how far out the front tires are.
Just to put it into perspective.

Thanks!
I left her up at camp but I can get one friday. It definitely widened them a ton. Almost the entire tires is out past the body

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk
Old 02-27-2017, 11:43 AM   #29
Daubers
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Coming back from the Dead here!! Didn't want anyone to think I gave up, just had some serious health problems come up and spent a while in the hospital in severe condition. Not fun. But anyways I am back home now and working hard on getting my card done for camp opening in spring. TONS of updates to come! Right now I am bending pipe to fab a roll cage/roof onto it
Old 02-27-2017, 11:50 AM   #30
Daubers
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Right now I am trying to decide on some HD rear springs. Anyone use any other than the Jakes? Would love to find some that add another couple inches.

Tags
custom, diy, g22, lift, yamaha
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Members Rides