lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-13-2021, 05:25 PM   #1
Dave in VA
maintaining a low profile

Yamaha

Default First Electric Cart--'05 G22

I just picked this up. '05 G22. Very clean, no rust. New 'Classic' 150ah batteries. XCT48300 Controller. Stock motor. Light kit with brake, signals and horn. 23-25mph on the flat, slows going up hills, but I guess that's expected.

Plans are for a 3" lift and 10" wheels. Undecided between 20" or 22" Sahara Classics. This will be a neighborhood cruiser, and not much else.

What can I expect with what I've got? What will a larger controller do for me? I'm not interested in changing the motor at this time, but Plowmans upgrades might be in the future.

Dave in VA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2021, 07:08 AM   #2
Half Vast
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: First Electric Cart--'05 G22

With the lift and bigger tires you're gonna put more strain on the original motor. The stock motors are not so great. Your best bet is to change that out before a new controller.
Half Vast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2021, 08:34 AM   #3
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Half Vast View Post
With the lift and bigger tires you're gonna put more strain on the original motor. The stock motors are not so great. Your best bet is to change that out before a new controller.
Very true. Stock motor is probably at least in need of brushes. They are not very robust. Larger wheels and tires but an extra strain on the motor and controller.
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2021, 11:31 AM   #4
Dave in VA

Yamaha

Good info. I'm guessing that a 48v battery maintainer would be a good investment for the off season?
Old 11-14-2021, 03:01 PM   #5
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

You do need something to keep your batteries charged if unattended for any period of time. A Battery Tender does the job and will pay for itself in extra battery life.
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2021, 04:55 PM   #6
Dave in VA

Yamaha

The cart is coming along nicely. I cleaned up the battery tray--it didn't need much. Zero rust on the frame. Plans are for a 3" RHOX lift and 22x10 Sahara Classics.

The batteries and the Alltrax XCT48300 are new. The motor is being replaced with a 9.5hp from Plowmans. Solenoid and cables, too.

When removing the motor. is there enough clearance between the the motor and the shock, or does the shock need to be swung out of the way?

Old 11-24-2021, 06:56 PM   #7
Dave in VA

Yamaha

No problem removing the motor. Put the batteries back in, mounted the converter, and drained the rear end--it was really black. Lotsa stuff showed today...

Old 11-25-2021, 06:33 AM   #8
Half Vast
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Coming along nicely!
Half Vast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2021, 09:39 AM   #9
Dave in VA

Yamaha

All the parts have arrived. New motor, solenoid, and 4ga wire set from Plowmans installed...This cart will be almost identical to the gas G22 in the background...The gas cart will be for sale in the spring...

Old 12-16-2021, 01:35 PM   #10
Dave in VA

Yamaha

This is coming along nicely. The missing inner fender has been replaced, and the body will go out for paint soon. I found this under the cup holder. 50amp x3, one of the buss bars says 'BAT'. What is it? Do I need it, or something different?

[IMG][/IMG]

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha