lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-13-2020, 04:29 PM   #11
Jake_Daddy
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Electric Cart Motor Stuck on the Spline Shaft

I just replaced my motor and the original did not have one nor did the new one I received so I think you will be OK and I imagine if you do need it you will hear it! Plus, if you have to pull the new motor off I am sure it will have antisieze on it after all you have just done to get this one off! HA
Jake_Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-14-2020, 09:57 AM   #12
joepiccaso
Getting Wild
Club Car

OK, D&D Motor Systems said that I do not need the Shaft bumper with their motor.

I also, did some measuring and to the best of my ability, it appeared that I had between 1/8"-1/16" of clearance for the bumper if I were to use one. Now I see why several people cracked their Transaxle housings forcing a motor with the bumper when it was too thick.

I will not use one, but surely will use some anti-seize lube when installing the new motor. Thanks all!
joepiccaso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2020, 11:54 AM   #13
joepiccaso
Getting Wild
Club Car

FYI, I got the new motor installed with the help of my very strong son. That thing was heavy! And, what made so bad is that rear seat Foot rest on the back of the Trans-Sender. I could barely lift it, but there was no way I could lean over that foot rest and hold it in place. He struggled. Plan "B" was to rig some straps, come-a-long style, to lower it in place. It slid on easily, especially with the help of some anti-seize lube. Mounted the new Charger, the Controller, the solenoid, two new batteries, and have ordered a new HD FnR switch. I was going to use the old one until it gave up, but while I had it all taken apart, I thought I better install a new one too. Now, the throttle/potentiometer, is the only thing not replaced, I believe. I'm making new wires. I hope I can wire it all back correctly. I took a lot of pics of the old wiring and have some diagrams, though since it was originally an old 36V system and had an off-board charger, there seems to be a lot of wires I may not need. I'm sure you'll be hearing from me again before long.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg New Motor Installed.jpg (167.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg New Battery trays under Front Seat.jpg (126.9 KB, 0 views)
Old 05-18-2020, 12:50 PM   #14
movin-on
Gone Wild
Club Car

Some people find it easier to jack up the cart and install from below especially with a rear seat...Glad you got er done..
movin-on is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2020, 01:55 PM   #15
joepiccaso
Getting Wild
Club Car

Movin, The cart is jacked up. Which even helped when attacking from the top. Since you didn't have to bend over as much. I'm >67 yo and that thing weighed >70 lbs. There was a day when I could bench that easily, but having to lift it up and over the axle was beyond these old bones. My son was thinking to go under, but he got it from the top. It was much easier to slide it on the shaft, but a lot of stress on the back. He probably could have lifted easier from underneath and I could have helped position it, but if it fell . . . .
Old 11-27-2021, 06:01 PM   #16
Squidd
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Another opportunity to learn from others posting!

Just pulled the motor off an ‘87 CC and the armature stuck in place. I was not looking forward to pulling the axle and tried some liquid wrench first. A few taps with a mallet and fortunately it wiggled off.

Ordered a similar D&D motor and will look to use your rigging method as well.

Thanks again for posting!
Squidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2021, 01:09 PM   #17
BballBeast
Not Yet Wild

I worry about this same problem when I upgrade my motor. The stock motor and rear end look so rusty on the outside so I can only imagine what the inside looks like lmao. My carts a 1992 and and believe it's still the stock motor but who knows if it's been replaced before. Either way the case is rusty as hell.
BballBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2021, 01:10 PM   #18
BballBeast
Not Yet Wild

🔨 🛠 ⚒
BballBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2021, 06:11 PM   #19
Squidd
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Just adding for future reference with a few take-aways:

- Lots of never-seize
- Had to remove rear shock as hunting version D&D motor is longer
- Extremely heavier as well, used a floor jack to get it close and slid on spline (“6 lift makes it easy to get under cart)
- Speed decreased but can tell there’s more torque
- Now what to do with the old motor, recycle??

Runs like a champ and ready for a few hills in GA.
Squidd is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
electric, old motor, stuck, transaxle
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car