lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk! > Bike & ATV Engine Swaps

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-16-2014, 06:17 PM   #1
Dw1091
Not Yet Wild

Default Gsxr 1000 motor swap help

Hello everyone this is my first post so please forgive me if I post in the wrong thread. I have an older ezgo cart (gas) anyways it has seen better days. I just recently purchased a gsxr 1000 bike and planning on just taking the motor out and putting it in my cart. This is my first time doing this, If anyone has any advice or pics from builds it would be greatly appreciated. It is an older bike so it is carborated. I also have a live axle rear end for it not sure if I need or not. Again any advice would be greatly appreciated! I'm not looking to build the fastest by any means. I Just want something to play around with this summer
Dw1091 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-17-2014, 08:39 AM   #2
rifter
rifter

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Gsxr 1000 motor swap help

First, do you have a good sized budget for this build?
I have built a 1000CC bike engine cart, to do this safely you need to buy some good parts,,,alot of them, if you don't do this right you will be granted a Hospital stay. Look at my build see if you still want to build this.
rifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 11:31 PM   #3
Dw1091
Not Yet Wild

I checked out your cart that thing is sweet man! As far as budget goes I'm not really worried too bad about but I'm also not trying to do anything right away. It'll probably be a at least 2-3 months before I would like to have it complete. What parts would you recommend for this build?
Old 02-18-2014, 12:41 AM   #4
rifter
rifter

E-Z-GO

Which cart? I would like to think all my builds have been sweet, if you mean the Honda CBR 1000RR engine, it was a cool build and I played hard with it. First thing is brakes, good quality brakes/master cylinder/braided lines, then front suspension, upper and lower A arm suspension with good coilover shocks, stock Golf Cart suspension will make you bleed, Mini Sprint car rear axle parts not Go-Cart axles because they will fail with the Horse Power of the GSXR. Thats a start of about $2000.00 and it goes on from there.
Old 02-18-2014, 02:18 PM   #5
Dw1091
Not Yet Wild

Yeah man I need to upgrade all that stuff anyway lol. Any suggestions where I need to get parts from?
Old 02-18-2014, 07:50 PM   #6
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Dw, sounds like a cool build! Please take any posts Rifter gives you as the honest truth. 2 to 3 months to build, will take all you have (time and money) to build a safe and FAST golf car with that engine. Yamahauler is going on 3+ years, because I'm not the best fabber, I just have a vision. If there is one downfall to the "bike engine build section", most think we can't/won't finish them.......sadley it's true. I say build it, make it safe, have fun with it and show us alot of pictures
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2019, 09:39 PM   #7
Jmoore1
Not Yet Wild

Can you send me any pics of your motorcycle swap builds thanks
Jmoore1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2019, 07:02 AM   #8
rifter
rifter

E-Z-GO

Jmoore, this thread is 5 years old, the guy who started the thread only has 3 posts, I'm pretty sure just like 90% of the Bike Engine Builds this one is in the scrapper. If you want to build one read through all the posts/threads that actually finish their builds.

Tags
1000, ezgo, gas, golf, gsxr
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk! > Bike & ATV Engine Swaps