lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-13-2008, 04:51 PM   #1
Pzychofreak
Not Yet Wild

Default Need help on throttle cable on a 79 2 cycle

I just bought a golf cart teh serial says it is a 79 but not really sure has two leaf springs off frame for front end which i was told is not a 79 but i need help the throttle cable was ghetto rigged and i am trying to put cart back to factory also they took out engine switch and when you turn key it starts but i found out how that switch is supposed to be . Any help would be great hope someone has pics of how it should go. Thanks
Pzychofreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-14-2008, 07:48 AM   #2
ruredy
Born Wild

Default Re: Need help on throttle cable on a 79 2 cycle

Oh this is ironic, you want us to post pics of a cart that your not sure what model it is.....

In the immortal words of Zap Brannigan "Kiff, we have a conundrum"

Does it look like this?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg l2222arge.jpg (55.1 KB, 9 views)
ruredy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 08:16 AM   #3
Pzychofreak
Not Yet Wild

Nah it is not quite that old or is that a plane taxi ? I emailed buggies unlimited to see if they can help with the serial number. It is not printed out how it says it is supposed to be on the thread with how to read serial. But it does look like this.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P1010290.JPG (154.6 KB, 12 views)
Old 11-14-2008, 08:45 AM   #4
ruredy
Born Wild

No not a plane tug, it's International Harvesters attempt at a golf cart.
Your throttle cable was probably rigged to by-pass the governor system and I would guess that the switch was a result of a bad micro switch not being replaced. serveral of our members have carts like your and should be able to help.
ruredy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 09:13 AM   #5
Pzychofreak
Not Yet Wild

I just talked with EZGo and with my serial they can not help. They said to send pics of it and they will try to figure it out but they said it is old because their chart goes back 20 years or so and it is not listed. I will try and post pics of the inside to see if anyone can help figure it out, i want to lift it but may look like i have to build a custom lift.
Old 11-14-2008, 10:37 AM   #6
DEWDIGGLER
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

if the front leaf springs run side to side its pre 80's
if front to back its 80's

check out my pic of my 76,
i think you should be able to see the springs under the driver side.

whats the problem with the throttle cable?

Dew
Attached Images
File Type: jpg golf cart.JPG (135.6 KB, 17 views)
DEWDIGGLER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 11:01 AM   #7
rusty
Golf Cart Photographer

Club Car

Welcome to the forum Pzychofreak...................
rusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 11:22 AM   #8
mb523
Peanut

E-Z-GO

I have a cart similar to yours. It should have the 1PG engine. My Governer is bypasses as well but the throttle is set up correctly. Here is a decent shot of my engine. You can see how the throttle cable (the one on the right, the left one is the choke) is mounted to the throttle cable bracket (under the ground strap) and then goes through the carb butterfly. With the pedal all the way out (at rest) the cable should hold the butterfly closed tightly (it shouldn't be able to move forward anymore). It is spring-loaded to open to WOT. When pressing on the pedal, the butterfly should open moving backwards. DO NOT operate for extended periods of time at WOT or close to it. It can damage the engine. I made a limiter for the butterfly. It stops it from opening to WOT. Its just a small piece of wire.

Click on it to make it, click on it again in the newly opened window, and then click fullscreen to make it bigger.

I hope this helps you, Sorry for rambling on lol.
mb523 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 11:51 AM   #9
Pzychofreak
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by mb523 View Post
I have a cart similar to yours. It should have the 1PG engine. My Governer is bypasses as well but the throttle is set up correctly. Here is a decent shot of my engine. You can see how the throttle cable (the one on the right, the left one is the choke) is mounted to the throttle cable bracket (under the ground strap) and then goes through the carb butterfly. With the pedal all the way out (at rest) the cable should hold the butterfly closed tightly (it shouldn't be able to move forward anymore). It is spring-loaded to open to WOT. When pressing on the pedal, the butterfly should open moving backwards. DO NOT operate for extended periods of time at WOT or close to it. It can damage the engine. I made a limiter for the butterfly. It stops it from opening to WOT. Its just a small piece of wire.

Click on it to make it, click on it again in the newly opened window, and then click fullscreen to make it bigger.

I hope this helps you, Sorry for rambling on lol.
I looked over your pics of your rebuild and it has helped me a lot. I need a pic of where the cable attachs to the bar that leads to foot pedal. I used some of yours pics to figure out where the siwtch goes. I also like the way yours cart came out very nice. I also have an issue with when you take off or put your foot down on the gas it kinda jerks you a little, i have repalced my fuel pump, fuel filter, checked the reed, and all lines, cleaned the carb, and still does it anyone got the next thing to check or try? My cart does not have the single leaf spring that goes from one hub to the other it has one on each side coming off the frame to the front. I will post up more pics. Thanks for all the help.
Old 11-14-2008, 02:14 PM   #10
Pzychofreak
Not Yet Wild

Here is some more pics of my cart.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg PB140059.JPG (70.4 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg PB140062.JPG (71.0 KB, 19 views)
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO