lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Golf Cart Racing
Golf Cart Racing Buggies Gone Wild Racing League

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-16-2012, 04:41 PM   #1
moe3637
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default reeds for a 2cycle

ok not n 2 racing but love lowend power ....ive asked this n other fourms and nobody could answer so thought i would come here ...ive got a lil 85 2cycle robins and i was wonderin if i could get a set of "power reeds " and where 2 get em...and if they would give me more lowend torque,,,,,,,thanks n advance
moe3637 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 12:56 PM   #2
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Default Re: reeds for a 2cycle

Used to be boysen made reeds for near anything, but hard to say about this. Not sure they will give much power they usually don't, usually they make a 2 stroke run a little more 'crisp' and may give a little more power just hard to notice.

However another issue is how old these carts are, and so the reeds may not be in good condition at all. I worked on a G1 where the reeds sat there open, I could not believe it still ran. They should be closed at rest. In that case replacing them might help the engine a lot more, and often boysens are not much more in cost anyway.

Unfortunately most golf cart engines are very hard to modify to get any meaningful power increase....and why there is a large big block section here.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Golf Cart Racing