lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Garage and Workshop
Garage and Workshop Tips & Ideas for the garage or workshop.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-12-2020, 03:53 PM   #1
Skulkingghost
Not Yet Wild

Talking Towable Seats

Looking to buy a 4 seater gold cart now (probably Icon i40L with tow hitch) since most of the time it's just our family. We'd like flexibility of towing a bench or chair or something similar, I also thought maybe I'd just get a cart and tow them "hayride style." I've seen solutions on ebay I love but they are 2500-3k. Anyone fab something relatively easy they can share?
Skulkingghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-13-2020, 07:21 AM   #2
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Default Re: Towable Seats

Are you talking about towing a trailer that has a picnic table etc? Not sure what you're trying to do.

Or something like this?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg towable seats.jpg (399.4 KB, 0 views)
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2020, 08:29 AM   #3
Skulkingghost
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by slonomo View Post
Are you talking about towing a trailer that has a picnic table etc? Not sure what you're trying to do.

Or something like this?
Something like in the photo you appended. My first thought was a small garden trailer that I weld a padded bench to but looking for ideas.
Skulkingghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2020, 11:07 AM   #4
shawn01754
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skulkingghost View Post
Looking to buy a 4 seater gold cart now (probably Icon i40L with tow hitch) since most of the time it's just our family. We'd like flexibility of towing a bench or chair or something similar, I also thought maybe I'd just get a cart and tow them "hayride style." I've seen solutions on ebay I love but they are 2500-3k. Anyone fab something relatively easy they can share?
theres one in facebook market place located in conneticut..it looked like a 6 seater club cart turned into a towable trailer
shawn01754 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2020, 09:00 AM   #5
Lochlin
Gone Wild

I know it's super simple but a couple of times a year I make a hayride for the kids. Literally, it's just six bales of hay lining a 5 x 8 utility trailer. The hay lasts all summer so long as it's covered. Anyone on it has a ball. It's looks cool. As I already have the trailer my total investment is $24 a year.
Lochlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2020, 12:29 PM   #6
pilotdane
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

I made a towable seat years ago. Because the wife is terrible at backing a trailer it was not articulated like a traditional trailer. I used pneumatic caster wheels on the trailer and attached it to the cart at two points on each back corner of the cart. The "trailer" always stays directly behind the cart even when backing. You do have to be careful when driving as the trailer kicks out in the opposite direction when you turn.
pilotdane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2020, 01:26 PM   #7
checkoutmyjunk
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skulkingghost View Post
I made a barrel train for the kids, but once the beer starts flowing, I can't keep the adults out of them.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1400.JPG (396.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1069.JPG (367.5 KB, 0 views)
checkoutmyjunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2021, 08:28 PM   #8
pilotdane
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Put taps on the end of each barrel, a bit of silver paint and they'd look like kegs.
pilotdane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2021, 06:37 PM   #9
morvolts2
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by checkoutmyjunk View Post
I made a barrel train for the kids, but once the beer starts flowing, I can't keep the adults out of them.
now thats cool
morvolts2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2021, 06:29 AM   #10
mfinnegan
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

My brother made a set of those trains for his mower too! lots of fun, i might make some too for my cart.

To the OP, like others have suggested just hook up a trailer, Mine is a cheapo 4x8 from harbor freight. i'm aware this is an old-ish post but still relevant LOL. Anchor chairs, table, whatever you want right to it if ya need to.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg HayRide1.jpg (134.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg HayRide2.jpg (122.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg HayRide3.jpg (210.7 KB, 0 views)
mfinnegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Garage and Workshop