lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Members Rides
Members Rides Golf Carts Only.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-08-2023, 08:59 PM   #101
MadAktion
Getting Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Get outta my dreams, and into my cart - MadAktion

New development…the rear of my cart made a CLUNK every time I made a quick, hard turn. It was easily re-created, but only if I turned the opposite way of the last time I did it (example… If the clunk happened with a quick hard turn left… I could only re-create it if I did a quick hard turn right… And vice versa).

So, first chance I got, I climbed up underneath the rear of the car and looked around. Didn’t take long and I saw some rust and a place where some parts used to be… I figured “ this must be it!”
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_9137.jpg (138.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_9141.jpg (200.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_9178.jpg (133.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_9180.jpg (113.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_9182.jpg (112.9 KB, 0 views)
MadAktion is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-08-2023, 09:08 PM   #102
MadAktion
Getting Wild

Club Car

Problem fixed… Went to my local certified club car parts dealer… Ordered some bushings and sleeves… A little over $20 all in… The job was slightly more difficult than I expected, and it would’ve helped to have some specialized tools, but I got it done. Haven’t driven around on it yet, but I’m looking forward to it!

I also included a parts diagram… It’s definitely not my Club Car… But it was good enough for me to get an understanding of what needed to be done. If you decide to take this task on yourself, do not fully disconnect the rear leaf springs. I recommend you only do one end at a time because it can get a little tricky, putting it back into place.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_9186.jpg (184.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_9189.jpg (82.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_9191.jpg (88.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_9150.jpg (139.2 KB, 0 views)
Old 09-19-2023, 12:37 PM   #103
MadAktion
Getting Wild

Club Car

Replaced the bushings on the front suspension today…surprisingly, i found the front easier than the rear…sorry, no photos
Old 10-02-2023, 11:56 AM   #104
MadAktion
Getting Wild

Club Car

Battery pack range was down to 10 miles. Rode my Duracell GC8’s for just shy of 4yrs. Now I’m trying out the GC8s made by Interstate from Costco. Thankfully, the Duracells and Interstate batteries utilize the same charging algorithm (71 on ERIC charger), so I don’t have to go through that fiasco again.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_9773.jpg (124.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_9770.jpg (175.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_9762.jpg (140.5 KB, 0 views)
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Members Rides