lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts
Lifted Golf Carts Off-Road Golf Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-25-2011, 11:47 PM   #1
colbyc1984
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default '96 txt build

I have a '96 txt that is stripped down to bare frame right now.My plan is:
-700a fsip
-pq torqe motor
-2 ga cables
-hd solenoid and f/r
-jakes lt and 25's
- 8 6v trojans
-disk brakes
-possibly 15:1 gears if it needs it when im done

Just a little worried about range.Is this going to be a 3-4 mile and dead cart?

BTW I will post pics when i get to something worth looking at.Right now it just looks like every other frame w/rusted out battery tray but I couldnt pass it up for $50.
colbyc1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-26-2011, 05:40 PM   #2
TheNewGuy
Admin/Moderator

Yamaha

Default Re: '96 txt build

Welcome to BGW!

We like pics of rusty frames!

TheNewGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 10:25 AM   #3
LostHusker
Just one day at a time

E-Z-GO

Show us pics of what you got!
LostHusker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 11:08 AM   #4
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

I had the same question on my latest build. SPM500 amp control has the peak and continuous out puts of the old 650 AXE control and a PQ Executioner motor up on 23s with a long top and rear seat.....
My solution was to invest in T145 batteries instead of T105. They are 3/4 inch taller and have an increased storage capacity. I have not GPSed the distance but with 3 people and many miles of riding I was still within comfortable limits voltage-wise... I can tell the battery pack has extra reserve.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 02:02 PM   #5
kellys~hotrods
Gone to refill cooler...

Yamaha

Welcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNewGuy View Post
Welcome to BGW!

We like pics of rusty frames!
I have a treat for you!
kellys~hotrods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 07:52 PM   #6
TheNewGuy
Admin/Moderator

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellys~hotrods View Post
Welcome!

I have a treat for you!
LOL!

TheNewGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 10:44 PM   #7
colbyc1984
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
I had the same question on my latest build. SPM500 amp control has the peak and continuous out puts of the old 650 AXE control and a PQ Executioner motor up on 23s with a long top and rear seat.....
My solution was to invest in T145 batteries instead of T105. They are 3/4 inch taller and have an increased storage capacity. I have not GPSed the distance but with 3 people and many miles of riding I was still within comfortable limits voltage-wise... I can tell the battery pack has extra reserve.
I have actually been considering the t-145's.I have a precedent converted to series with a D395/700a FSIP and 6 t-875 and it has pretty good range.I've just never ran a PQ motor and don't know about the amp draw it'll have.Do you recomend the SPM 500 over the FSIP 700?This is for a hunting buggy so torque and range is my main concern.
Old 11-28-2011, 10:57 PM   #8
colbyc1984
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

This is in the middle of tear down when I rolled it out of the shop to pressure wash it.I doesnt have much rust on the frame mainly just the battery tray.I finished tearing it down. Now I'm just waiting on some warmer weather to do some painting.
Old 11-29-2011, 12:07 AM   #9
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by colbyc1984 View Post
I have actually been considering the t-145's.I have a precedent converted to series with a D395/700a FSIP and 6 t-875 and it has pretty good range.I've just never ran a PQ motor and don't know about the amp draw it'll have.Do you recomend the SPM 500 over the FSIP 700?This is for a hunting buggy so torque and range is my main concern.
I do recommend the SPM control over the AXE for several reasons; higher sustained and peak out puts and reverse polarity protection at the out put, and ease of programming are just a few of the reasons ........ but I can not recommend you use an Alltrax over an FSIP with an PQ motor... There have been some serious issues with PDS PQ motors and Alltrax DCX controllers last year. That being said. The problem may not apply to the SPM controller. I suggest you talk with PQ as to which control they feel more comfortable with.
We change the map in the alltrax to suit D&D or Advanced motors but PQ has always run with the stock alltrax map. We have tried removing the plug braking and the turbo per PQ's recommendation, & even backed the output (amperage) off but, the problem persisted.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 12:23 AM   #10
colbyc1984
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Scotty I sent you a PM.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts