lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-04-2010, 07:11 PM   #1
ddw4170
Not Yet Wild

Default robin ec25-2pg sputtering

Engine runs, sputters and runs pretty poor unless choke is pulled out about half way, then runs, but not prpoperly. Checked the plug(haven't replaced yet) and air filter, changed the gas, when it is running it either goes great, or sputters til it dies. Also sometimes have to hold it down in forward or reverse like contacts are not working. Guy I bought it from said he has had it sitting for a couple years, but ran fine before that. Any ideas??
ddw4170 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-04-2010, 07:31 PM   #2
Pimp Daddy
Proud Paw Paw

E-Z-GO

Default Re: robin ec25-2pg sputtering

Yes... Just check in the TECH section for the type of cart you are asking about... But in the mean time...
TO BGW !!!
Pimp Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 12:32 AM   #3
rib33024

rib33024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 10:12 AM   #4
miferrel
Gone Crazy

Club Car

To BGW
miferrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 01:53 AM   #5
ddw4170
Not Yet Wild

Great Carts! I am trying to build one, any suggestions greatly appreciated. I have 4 boys, 7-13, so I do a lot of park running(end of my neighborhood rd),and we camp a lot, so I need to get this serviced, the tag is gone, so I do not know the year/model, but was told it is a 1990's has a 2cycle robins 244cc 2 stroke model EC25-2PG motor. Will post a pic, maybe someone will know what it is.

Thx,
DW
Old 06-18-2010, 11:44 AM   #6
GoTeeMan
EZ Like Sunday Morning

E-Z-GO

Look on the passenger side of the dash there will be a plate riverted to the side that will tell you what year the cart is. If it is a 90's cart it would be a 3pg engine.

Pics of the cart would help identify it. My issue with the choke was fixed with a carb. Jack the cart up, set the rear end up on sturdy stands, take the seat off, start the cart and spray carb cleaner by the throttle shaft and see if the engine rpm changes or smooths out, if so the carb has a vacuum leak around the shaft and you will need to replace the carb. If no change spray the carb cleaner by where the crankshaft goes into the block and see if the engines changes it's tune. If so then you will need to replace your crank seals.

Welcome to the smoker club!!
GoTeeMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 02:04 PM   #7
wingnut2000
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

if it helps any i got a 2004 ezgo gas but i believe it has a different engine and i had the exact same problem with it. I put a new fuel pump on it and it runs good now. fuel pump was $50 and it takes three minutes to change the one on mine. yours may be a little less or a little more expensive and difficult to change being that its older than mine and has different engine
wingnut2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 06:00 PM   #8
gdunn
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Fuel pump for a 244 is only $28.35 from golf car discounters
gdunn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 10:13 PM   #9
ddw4170
Not Yet Wild

Fuel pump seems fine, is running better(cleaned the carb), but was very loud, found the exhaust gasket blown and replaced, then found teh muffler is cracked around the inlet, welded that up, but the baffles inside are just rattling around. I don't think it is the correct one for the car anyway, cause it has no mounts at all, just laying there on the supports. I asked a service guy and he said it was a marathon, probably a mid 80's model since it has the ec25-2pg 244cc robin engine, now the clutch on the motor is sticking sometimes. t will stick closed and hit the pedal a few times and it "pops" back out, is there a lube point on these? What makes the engage/disengage? I know it is engine rpm, but that is about all I know. I have worked on manual lathes,mills,and any other fab equipment you can name, so should be pretty simple, but it seems loud from that area also. Where is the best place to buy parts like carbs,tie rod ends,mufflers etc..? Thanks,
DW
Old 06-20-2010, 02:17 AM   #10
ez go go
Doin' the Wild Thang

E-Z-GO

Site sponsors have a great selection and reasonable prices...
ez go go is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO