lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-05-2021, 11:51 AM   #1
K K
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default 98/99 FE350 carry-all won't drive

Hey guys, I've got an issue with one of our carry-all's at work.

Was running fine all year then noticed when going downhill or uphill it would briefly stall out and then pick back up intermittently. Went to go take it up a hill and it would completely stall, I'd have to hold the brake and the gas pedal at the same time and it would fire back up, move forward at normal speeds and then stall out again in about 20 feet. Did that 5 or 6 times in a row and then wouldn't drive at all. Luckily I was at the top of the hill so I just coasted it down backwards back to the shop.

The unit moves in forward and reverse extremely slowly, could be pushed by hand faster than it moves.

Here's a few things I've tried so far, haven't had much time to really focus on it:

- New fuel filter
- New spark plug (confirmed it is sparking)
- Disconnected RPM limiter
- Checked fuel lines for debris

I've never worked on one of these units before and they seem simple enough but from what I can tell, they have their quirks. If I had more time and more money in my mechanical budget at work I could really try and troubleshoot on it but alas, I'm a one-man army looking after ~90 pieces of equipment alone and this one isn't a top priority but would still like it fixed for the operators.

If anyone more familiar with these guys could lend me some insight, it'd be much appreciated. I'll edit this post if I get more time today to try a few things or if I remember something I've left out.

Thanks in advance
-KK
K K is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-05-2021, 12:24 PM   #2
crash12888
Gone Crazy

Default Re: 98/99 FE350 carry-all won't drive

I'm thinking you need to pull the carb and do a good soaking/blow out with it.
But if you want, I would check the easy things first,
compression?
Exhaust not clogged?
Gas tank vent not clogged?
Vent tube on side of carb or vent barb if the tube is gone.
I'm still leaning toward carb cleaning....
crash12888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2021, 09:45 AM   #3
K K
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Update:

Thanks for the info crash, I appreciate the reply.

Pulled the carb and cleaned it, blew it out, cleared out the jets. Was in pretty great shape, nothing worn or gummed up but still did a thorough cleaning. Same issues when re-installed. Haven't got to the other stuff on your list there yet but hopefully I can find some time today.
K K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2021, 06:07 AM   #4
crash12888
Gone Crazy

Did you happen to check for fuel flow when you had the fuel line off of the carb? just hold the end in a bottle and push pedal, watch for flow from hose, might not be much of it might pulse.
crash12888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car