lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-25-2009, 02:40 PM   #1
AggressiveBuggy
Getting Wild

Default EZ GO with METAL body?

I went to look at a 1995 EZ Go testerday that has a METAL body. I've never seen anything like it. The battery bay and dash and frame looked like all the other non PDS carts I have worked on. But I've never seen a Metal Body.

Is this a well known feature? Is it limited to certain years? Is this a desirable or non desirable feature?

Thanks Guys, I am planning to pick it up for a rebuild.
Dave
AggressiveBuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-25-2009, 02:58 PM   #2
mikesmotortoys
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: EZ GO with METAL body?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AggressiveBuggy View Post
I went to look at a 1995 EZ Go testerday that has a METAL body. I've never seen anything like it. The battery bay and dash and frame looked like all the other non PDS carts I have worked on. But I've never seen a Metal Body.

Is this a well known feature? Is it limited to certain years? Is this a desirable or non desirable feature?

Thanks Guys, I am planning to pick it up for a rebuild.
Dave
Sounds like a Medalist model. They came after the Marathon and before the TXT. I have seen metal bodied Medilists up to model year 1998 with the Factory Freedom package. I was really stumped with that one, but confirmed it as original when I called the serial number in to EZGO. Medalist carts have the same frame and components as the TXT. In fact, you can replace the metal Medalist body with a newer plastic TXT body, as well as either the TXT front cowl OR an ST style cowl...

Factory EZGO - Bad Boy Buggy - Dixie Chopper Mowers
mikesmotortoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 03:01 PM   #3
AggressiveBuggy
Getting Wild

so you think replacing the panels is something I should consider? It would add additional cost to the purchase. Looking to put some blood and sweat in to make a few bucks towards another cart.
Old 01-25-2009, 03:13 PM   #4
mikesmotortoys
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

No - not unless you NEED to replace them. I was merely letting you know of the options. Replacing is much easier than repairing the metal.

I personally LIKE the body style

Factory EZGO - Bad Boy Buggy - Dixie Chopper Mowers
mikesmotortoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 03:16 PM   #5
AggressiveBuggy
Getting Wild

Cool, thats what I was hoping to hear. All of the panels look very straight with no rust except for a spot under the front plastic trim. I am hoping I can get it straightened out before I paint it. This will be the first cart of MINE that I redo to sell so I'm looking forward to it. Finishing up customers cart now to make room in the shop.
Old 01-25-2009, 09:21 PM   #6
rifter
rifter

E-Z-GO

Metal EZGO
rifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO