lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts
Electric golf carts Harley Davidson, Melex, Pargo, Taylor-Dunn and other Misc. Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-23-2008, 05:48 PM   #11
burst
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Melex 512

Thanks for the words of incouragement.The batteries are toast and I plan to buy new trojans.The elctrical wiring is also toast.I took pictures of the wiring and made diagrams before I destroyed this cart.This weeek I hope to have the frame cut and welded back together.I will try to post progress pics.
~
burst is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-29-2008, 02:19 PM   #12
Danno
Not Yet Wild

Hey Burst,

I just found your post(s). We have the same cart!! What year is yours? What's your serial number? If you ever need pics of wiring or pics of parts or any questions about how things look on my cart, let me know. Mine is pretty stock and real clean so I can help you out with photos. I don't know a whole lot about carts, so I'll leave that up to the pros on this board, but I can take pictures for you.

MELEX RULES ;)

Dan

P.S. Scotty, Melex is still in business....they're just Hsilop....I mean Polish :)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Auctions 059.jpg (67.5 KB, 25 views)
Danno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 08:26 PM   #13
burst
Not Yet Wild

From the serial # 93 ? Serial # 215938 .Yours looks like the luxury model mine is the poor mans version plus its been neglected.I have replaced the floor and chunks of the frame under the batteries.I might contact you if I run into trouble with the wiring.I am going to replace it all. The only real mod I have planed is a dump bed,but that might change.
thanks new cart.jpg
Before I got a hold of it
Old 10-30-2008, 07:42 PM   #14
mobilefleet
Not Yet Wild

parts are still widely available, and carts are easy to fabricate things if need be. Melex is an EZGO clone so no parts problems
mobilefleet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 07:11 AM   #15
burst
Not Yet Wild

Thanks Mobil Fleet
I forgot to ask does any body know good place to buy# 4 battery cable,lugs and shrink tubing?
Old 10-31-2008, 07:19 AM   #16
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

YES Melex is an Ezgo knock-off BUT.......it is a POLISH knock-off
Just try and put some Ezgo Parts on your Melex and you will soon see what I am refering to...
Here are pics of our Melex with a late model Ezgo roof and a homemade cargo box....

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/attac...1&d=1225455954
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1139.jpg (84.4 KB, 27 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1143.jpg (71.3 KB, 21 views)
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 07:41 AM   #17
mobilefleet
Not Yet Wild

I've put several ezgo parts on with no probs.....my cart is an 85 model 252 and has run just fine, I'd rather have Polish than Chinese carts like they are doing today!
Old 10-31-2008, 07:43 AM   #18
mobilefleet
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by burst View Post
Thanks Mobil Fleet
I forgot to ask does any body know good place to buy# 4 battery cable,lugs and shrink tubing?
walmart has all of this in automotive section, or any auto parts store, just buy the length of wire cable you need, they come with lugs already on but if you need a different size lug you can get them too and crimp them on
Old 10-31-2008, 07:48 AM   #19
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

#4g Welder's cable is the prefered stuff cause of the high stand count cause as you know amps travel on the outside of a conductor not inside....more stands = more pathways
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 12:36 PM   #20
gstoneberg
Gone Wild

Scotty, is that externally mounted charging recepticle standard on the 512 or did you move it there? I like the looks of that, are there any downsides to an external plug-in location verses under the seat? George
gstoneberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts