lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-04-2024, 09:03 PM   #1
Jolycu
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Question about manual for 2002 Workhorse

I found the Parts Manual for the 1200 series of the workhorse thanks to posts others have made here. It says it's for the 1999-2000 models with a revision date 10/20. I have a 2002 model, will this cover my workhorse? I've read some things about changes made in 2001 and I am wondering if there was a lot of changes made. My workhorse has the 35EH 350cc Robin engine. Are there any other models that were similiar/had interchangeable parts with the workhorse? I find lots of stuff for TXT and Club Cars, etc., but not much for the workhorse. Thanks for any info you can give!
Jolycu is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-04-2024, 09:26 PM   #2
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Default Re: Question about manual for 2002 Workhorse

The workhorse is a utility vehicle based on a txt chassis so most of the parts interchange.. Suspension is a different beast but depending on what you are looking to do pretty simple..
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2024, 06:17 AM   #3
Jolycu
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgsc View Post
The workhorse is a utility vehicle based on a txt chassis so most of the parts interchange.. Suspension is a different beast but depending on what you are looking to do pretty simple..
Thank you kgsc. That will be helpful when looking for aftermarket accessories.
Old 05-06-2024, 08:33 AM   #4
JPonLKN
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Also, depends on which Workhorse you have. There was a 800 and a 1200. The 800 is the same size as the TXT. The engine compartment forward is the same, while the bed support and some of the suspension has changed, bump stops, etc., but generally, very similar. The 1200 has a longer frame between the front engine mount and the foot well, but again, with the exception of the added length between the front and rear of the cart, they are very similar so lots of parts exchange. Thinks like brake cables are specific. Spring capacity on the 1200 is stronger, and the engines are 350's rather than 295's. In the Workhorse line, the seat changed from a one piece design that had the back and bottom fixed to a pair of bent steel plates that lifted off the front of the seat as one piece, and later changed to a separate bottom seat that folded off the front and a fixed rear seat that mounted to vertical supports. The vertical risers for the rear cart top supports changed as well. At some point, they changed over to the MPT Workhorse and then simply the MPT. MPT is Multi-Purpose Truck. I've worked on several Workhorses and MPTs and found that through the years, minor changes occurred from year to year, like bed hinge supports, bump stops, steering column and rack, spindles, etc., so knowing what year parts you are buying is important.
JPonLKN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2024, 07:32 AM   #5
Cartmaster
British born Nincompoop

E-Z-GO

One thing i seem to recall is that the MPT, workhorse and ST models over those years retained the older style three bolt column steering, so maybe the manual you found will suffice for most things. the only major change over those years were steering and suspension. If you have the three bolt mounted steering column with the steering rack bolted up under the frame, you should be fine. If you have a four bolt mounted column and a steering rack mounted to the axle, this will be the same set up as a post 2001.5 TXT for steering and front suspension parts etc
Cartmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2024, 12:07 PM   #6
Jolycu
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Thank you JPonLKN and Cartmaster for your input. My workhorse is the 1200 model with the 350 engine, and I have the 4 bolt mounted column.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO