lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-13-2023, 08:39 PM   #1
Mitchnelson1042
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Ezgo PCX

I've read the pcx threads on here that I can find. Not a whole lot on these models. Trying to find some kind of manual and also if anyone could help me figure out the exact model/ year there is no clear nameplate. These numbers were etched on a very worn nameplate if you can make sense of them, Google didn't help me at all.. Bc960gx, 15203, E1595 Any info at all you could tell me would be appreciated! Attached are some pics, anyone know what type of engine? Last pic is what I'm going for with second row seating and a small bed. Drive belt is extremely slack going to change it out, hopefully that will help with keeping speed going up hills. Going to be taking it down to the frame and doing a complete restoration. This forums already been a great resource so thanks to all who contribute.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20230713_183949.jpg (239.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20230713_183930.jpg (228.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Screenshot_20230709_011436_Samsung Internet.jpg (119.8 KB, 0 views)
Mitchnelson1042 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-13-2023, 09:27 PM   #2
trig123
Vintage tech

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Ezgo PCX

I know a little about them as I have a PC956GX in my shop now. Your engine is a Pre Mci robbin. It should be a 350 cc. There is a stamped place on the bottom part of engine that would tell you for sure. It should have a 28 degree driven clutch on it. Drive clutch and driven clutch are still available but high from a dealer. You can rebuild the driven clutch if not worn too bad. Ramp buttons are still available I think.

Parts in general for these are hard to find but that should not be too much of an issue. I hope anyway :)

Manual is also not yet found. The one I have is a 1994 model. Yours should be close to that year. The one I have in the shop is stamped PO794 and the last two numbers show that its a 94 model.
Does your have hydraulic brakes ?
Your steering good ?
I am still trying to find a service manual and when I do I will post what I find.
Loosing speed going up a hill may be an issue with driven clutch worn out. Is the compression good on both cylinders ?
Also you are correct. Not much info when using google search.

I like your idea of second row seating and a small bed . I always thought these would be really cool lifted also.
Show pictures as you continue to work on it. Good luck
trig123 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2023, 12:21 AM   #3
Mitchnelson1042
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Thanks for your reply, that is some good info. I'll definitely be posting update pics, I plan on putting a lift on as well so we'll see how that turns out. Found a parts manual for you or anyone else looking hopefully it will help someone out! 1994 and + service parts manual. cdnmedia.endeavorsuite.com/images/organizations/68573b61-65b6-4541-92f5-22bd661c7d55/Migration/EZgo%20pdf/38.pdf
Mitchnelson1042 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2023, 05:18 AM   #4
Cartmaster
British born Nincompoop

E-Z-GO

Can you confirm those model numbers? I think the BCX 960 model was a drinks/refresher cart based on the PCX people carriers and most were electric but the number differs slightly from yours so maybe the G in Bc960gx references gas models. I used to have manuals for those types when i worked for a dealership but i think they are long gone now. I will see if i can dig anything out. Most references for servicing can however be obtained from other models including the smaller golf carts. Main differences i think would be front axle, steering and brakes etc. Engine and other running gear will be the same and obviously body panels are different. but some of this info is likely in the parts book you linked to.
Cartmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2023, 11:45 PM   #5
trig123
Vintage tech

E-Z-GO

I am now the new owner of the PC956GX in my shop. Has a P0794 on data plate and I assume its a 1994 .

The problem is I need brake shoes ( they just peeled off when I removed the drum ) , wheel cylinders which has the Torque Spider (Bendix) and a parking brake cable which might be hard to locate. The right 36 inch cable is the one bad. Not broke just bad as outside has pulled loose where to connects at equalizer . A parts manual would be nice.

Not even sure I can still purchase these parts so I may just part it out. Engine is good as it has the MCI 350 in it and compression is 175 on both cylinders and it don't smoke.
Great looking cart but from what I see they want way too much money for parts if they can even be bought.
Old 07-21-2023, 12:24 AM   #6
Cartmaster
British born Nincompoop

E-Z-GO

This might help Trig. These are 1999 up but i think the main differences were body styling, but i could be wrong. Its been a while. There is nothing previous to this on that site and if suitable, download asap as Textron have a habit of moving and removing stuff from the old site. The new site is useless. Lucky I still have access here for some of the old stuff. FYI, I dont recall any model specific manuals for a lot of these, just generic that covered several models/years etc.

http://www.ransomesjacobsen.com/img/...f?m=1624747053 Parts

http://www.ransomesjacobsen.com/img/...f?m=1624748097 Owners/service

Those brake shoes can be repaired. Possibly with a good clean and some JB weld ( Bear in mind the heat rating though). If you cannot or cannot source new shoes, it might be worth finding a shop that does brake shoe re lining as they would use the correct heat rated bonding paste. Not sure what to do about the other parts needed for the brakes but cross reference with other models as EZGO use many common parts from other machines. I am sure you will get there eventually.

Brake repair kit. A lot cheaper than a new unit.
https://www.vintagegolfcartparts.com...rqSpdrReparKit

Google "WHEEL CYLINDER BENDIX D3203010" as i believe this part was also used on Taylor dunn machines. Also, memory tells me you could not get the complete unit assembled non OEM, you had to get the finished casting and install the pistons seals and bleed screw all as separately purchased items or kits.
Old 07-21-2023, 06:49 AM   #7
trig123
Vintage tech

E-Z-GO

Thanks Cartmaster. I will see what I can find. Brake shoes can't be repaired as they just broke off in pieces when I was cleaning them while still on back plate. I found a parking brake cable but it was $150.

I know this thing is heavy or it seems that way when driving it. I think I will name it the Beast lol

I still may part it out as I really only wanted the engine. I got it on four stands now in my shop. I got rid of two a few weeks ago trying to clean up and now I went and bought this one.
Retirement is put on hold lol Its actually boring so off to work I go.
Old 07-21-2023, 07:13 AM   #8
Cartmaster
British born Nincompoop

E-Z-GO

Also check out the link the OP posted previously.

cdnmedia.endeavorsuite.com/images/organizations/68573b61-65b6-4541-92f5-22bd661c7d55/Migration/EZgo%20pdf/38.pdf
Old 07-21-2023, 07:29 AM   #9
trig123
Vintage tech

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartmaster View Post
Also check out the link the OP posted previously.

cdnmedia.endeavorsuite.com/images/organizations/68573b61-65b6-4541-92f5-22bd661c7d55/Migration/EZgo%20pdf/38.pdf
Thanks, I will see what it looks like. So far I haven't located the parking brake cables but I may have one that will work. Right side is the only one broke.
This thing is new to me and not sure if there is a market for it. I keep most everything anyway. I seem to collect ezgo stuff This thing is a classic
Old 07-29-2023, 09:42 AM   #10
trig123
Vintage tech

E-Z-GO

I have come to a halt. Hard to install wheel cylinders when I can't remove this
Not give up yet but almost. May have to figure out how to remove differential tube so I can put it in my press. Really too nice a cart to junk out but I am close to doing that.
I also need handbrake cables which are no longer available.
I turned my drums . It took about .040 to clear and it looked like this thing had been run with brakes on as lots of hot spots.
Wheel cylinders on there now might work with kits but I'm not paying what these people want for those. I am also not sure they won't leak so new is higher but better.
Engine has been upgraded to the 350 MCI and it runs great.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Shuttle axle stuck.jpg (255.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Axle flange stuck.jpg (266.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Shuttle cart.jpg (284.1 KB, 0 views)

Tags
ezgo, identification, pcx, restoration
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO