lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-02-2010, 10:31 PM   #1
wareagle87
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default oil pressure light after rebuild

Just rebuilt 350 engine. Runs good, except for oil pressure. Is it normal for the oil light to stay on for awhile after running (about 2 minutes)? I does eventually go off.

Anyone think of anything I should check??
wareagle87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-02-2010, 10:47 PM   #2
ez go go
Doin' the Wild Thang

E-Z-GO

Default Re: oil pressure light after rebuild

Do you have a manual gauge you could pop in to check pressure? At least you will no for sure if you have a press. problem before it damages the engine..
ez go go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 04:34 AM   #3
ruredy
Born Wild

might be a bad sending unit did you follow the manual with the prelubing the engine through the rebuild?
ruredy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 04:21 PM   #4
wareagle87
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Well, I would have to answer "NO" on the pre-lube question. However, I used enough engine lube during assembly to stave off any pre-lube issues (I assume). The light eventually clears, but not quickly.

Making arrangments to hook up a gauge. Anyone know what pressure should be??
Old 05-23-2010, 01:46 PM   #5
wareagle87
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I know I left this hanging, so I thought I would make closure.

I had my timing belt break. Wasnt a new one, but the old one from before the rebuild. Though not completely necessary, I removed the entire engine to replace the belt and investigate the oil issue.

Crank turned. Cam turned. So I concluded that nothing was locked up (Belt break was not a result of oil starvation). Removed the oil pump cover. Nothing looked abnormal. Removed the case cover to access the oil check valve, and there it was.....

Seems in my rebuild I forgot to reinstall the most important "Oil Feed O-ring", allowing some of the oil to by-pass the feed passage back to the case.

Put this in your symptom backlog for future troubleshooting.
Old 05-29-2010, 01:36 PM   #6
wareagle87
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Replaced oil feed oring, changed timing belt, fired and ran. Oil light went off. Cool!!

Cleaned up tools and garage. Started cart and had oil light. RAn for 10 minutes and broke timing belt.

I need REAL help!! Nothing left to do but tear engine back down???
Old 05-31-2010, 03:31 PM   #7
ez go go
Doin' the Wild Thang

E-Z-GO

So let me get this straight... New timing belt..... Started cart and ran with oil light ON for ten min... New timing belt broke..... Is this right?
ez go go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 09:25 PM   #8
fastfred
Gone but not forgotten
E-Z-GO

wareagle87, I'm going to venture a guess and say that your low oil pressure problem caused the cam to temporarily seize in the head. The bad thing about this is that it pretty much makes junk out of the head and the cam.
What is causing the low oil pressure problem remains to be found. I don't think that leaving the o-ring out would cause that by itself. Usually that mostly causes a leak to the outside as well as the inside.
Your oil filter is new or at least clean isn't it? If the seal on the end of the oil filter is bad it might cause it to get junk in the passage between the pump and filter. Could be partially plugged with something and starving the pump for oil.

Fred
fastfred is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO