lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-21-2011, 05:55 PM   #1
rivertime
Getting Wild

Yamaha

Default Newbie and photos of 1986 G1

Nice board. Been reading through a number of the posts. Just thought I'd put up a couple pictures of the 86 G1 I bought a couple weeks ago. Cleaning, painting, polishing, making brackets and misc pieces parts, tie wrapping wires and doing a little suspension work to correct postive camber.

It runs great and although used pretty hard by it's previous owner, I think it'll be a good little cart. It was pretty well caked with mud and dirt when I got it home. This is after a few days of cleaning stuff up. Seats are at the upholstery shop getting recovered now. Hard to tell in this picture, but they've got about half a roll of white duct tape on em.

Got the camber about where I want it. Moved the shock mounts out as far as I could get em on the A arms.

Engine compartment after a can of gunk engine cleaner, elbow grease with a scrub brush, half a jug of armorall, and two cans of flat black paint. Stock power as you can see, but she runs good. Gps'd at 25.5 mph on a flat paved road.

rivertime is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-21-2011, 05:59 PM   #2
kcnaz
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: Newbie and photos of 1986 G1

Great looking cart...........
kcnaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 06:31 PM   #3
Tonka329
Smoov az a gravy sammich

Yamaha

Sweet looking rig there river!
Tonka329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 06:44 PM   #4
tony-g1
Getting Wild

Yamaha

Welcome, Man wish my 84 g1 looked that good. Nice looking cart, How about more pix.
tony-g1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 08:21 PM   #5
Field6565
Gone Wild

That thing looks great! I like the look of the shortened front bumper too. Any pics from the back?
Field6565 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 08:43 PM   #6
chuddly
Gone Wild

Yamaha

good looking G1....wanna come clean my cart up? Mines lookin like it needs a bath BAD
chuddly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 09:12 PM   #7
rivertime
Getting Wild

Yamaha

Thanks guys. Can't take any credit for the shortened bumper or any other mods on it. It sure didn't look like this when I picked it up. Seller was a very nice guy, but the cart was well used. He lived out in the desert on a dirt road and the cart was driven daily. The thing was covered with a nice even crust of dust. It was in my price range and the thing ran awesome. Could see through the crust that it had potential so pulled the trigger. Resale on carts here in Arizona is pretty darned good. Wish cars and trucks held their value like golf carts do. Just as a comparison if my truck were 25 years old it would have to sell for $14,000 to be on par with this cart's resale. Aint gonna happen.

I'll shoot some more pictures when the seats come back. It's gonna look much better with some new upholstery on it. Here's one from the back.

Old 03-22-2011, 04:00 AM   #8
chuddly
Gone Wild

Yamaha

took me a second to realise what was missing but you have no rear bumper at all
chuddly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 04:29 AM   #9
rivertime
Getting Wild

Yamaha

Yeah, I'm gonna have to come up with something too. I want to use it to pull my jetski trailer around with so I'm gonna need a hitch. Haven't quite figured out where I'm gonna attach it at yet.
Old 03-22-2011, 04:51 AM   #10
TheNewGuy
Admin/Moderator

Yamaha

Great lookin G1 I like the Nomad too!

TheNewGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha