lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-16-2019, 01:44 PM   #21
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: EZGO PDS - New ALLTRAX XCT48500 and 400a solenoid install. no light - newbie

Disconnect the cable from the XCT's M- terminal, try to drive cart and see what the error code is.

Be sure to put Run/Tow in Tow when disconnecting or reconnecting any wires or cables.

-------
If no errors, check motor.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-17-2019, 02:41 PM   #22
greenguru
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: EZGO PDS - New ALLTRAX XCT48500 and 400a solenoid install. no light - newbie

JohnnieB thanks for the reply. Yesterday I went to remove the -M cable. I went to put the socket on it and discovered it was snug but not tight. It wasn't touching anything but to be sure I removed it and reinstalled the bolt. I tightened down. I didn't figure it would make a difference but it worked. Reminded me of you r c1 c3 story. I don't know if the nut under the metal tab was touching something or what but, oooops!

That being said. I took the cart out it accelerated amazingly fast and was up to 19 MPH with 2 people on it. I do see the battery to discharge faster. My top pack charge is 37.9V. 5 yr old Trojan T-105's. I wanted to make them last a while before I spring for T-875's, a charger and a voltage reducer.

I have ordered a volt meter for the dash from ScottyB. That will be next weeks project.

Thanks for all your help. ScottyB that's for your help too.
greenguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2019, 04:22 PM   #23
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Try doing some back-to-back charges on your battery pack, it might breath some new life into them.

The T-105 batteries that were in my cart when I bought it would only charge to 85% SoC and I got the up to taking a 95% charge within a could of weeks by charging the daylights out of them. Basically, I put them on charge every night and then started a new charge cycle every morning as well as once or twice during the day if I didn't use the cart and after each trip, no matter how short, when I did use cart.

I ended up getting about 17 more months out of them and they were still in usable shape, and upgrading to 42V was the primary reason for the battery change at that time.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
alltrax xct500 pds
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO