lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-02-2019, 05:25 PM   #1
Gregt909
Not Yet Wild

Default First impression of 2020 HP Li-Ion Onward

Just got my new Onward today and I am very impressed so far. I live in a hilly neighborhood and I am shocked at the amount of torque this machine has. It does 20 mph on flat ground, it does 20 mph going downhill, it does 20 mph going up a very steep hill. The acceleration is pretty incredible. If someone comes up with a tune to disable the top speed monitor I’m confident this machine would do 30+ easily. Definitely worth a test drive if you’re looking for a new cart.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 97E3A465-BF4E-47DD-AC07-03715A65432D.jpg (73.3 KB, 0 views)
Gregt909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-04-2019, 07:10 AM   #2
shortspark
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: First impression of 2020 HP Li-Ion Onward

That is very encouraging Gregt. I went to my CC dealer yesterday and ordered one as well. I live on a golf course and that is all it will be used for. I bought a two seater in the Metallic Beige color, which is rare out here. Almost everyone has white, red or green so I think this color will stand out and be very attractive, especially with the briar brown seats with diamond stitching. These seats are not on the CC build web page but have to be special ordered by the dealer and are more expensive than the premium seats offered by CC. I ordered the usual stuff like canopy, DOT windshield, mirrors, accents, bag cover, cooler, etc.

One thing others should note is that for the next six weeks or so you can get 0% financing but there is a surcharge of something like $125. Also, the dealer has to kick in several hundred dollars so he won't give you quite as good a deal as you might get otherwise. I mention this because someone else l know looking at these carts said O% was too good to pass up but you really have to put the pencil to it to see if it is really worth it. In my case, I was able to pay cash so I made a deal to do so and the dealer knocked off $500 on top of everything else and also increased my trade-in by an additional $500. I don't know if I could have still haggled that extra grand out of him if I went with the finance deal but I don't think so. Just something to think about for you other potential buyers who do have the ability to pay cash. But if you must finance, now is the time to do it as the 0% expires in December.

I have one question, I would like to ask you what drive mode you selected - I have heard "sport" is best but I really don't know what the differences are. I guess the dealer sets it to your preference when the cart arrives for set up. Any other tips you can give me for when I take delivery?
shortspark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2019, 08:25 AM   #3
Gregt909
Not Yet Wild

I had mine set up for Sport (approx 20 mph). There’s an eco and normal mode which I think is around 12 and 15 mph. The dealer can also adjust the regen braking. I left mine at the factory setting as I live in a hilly area and I definitely feel it going down hill. If I ever take my cart in for service I may see if they can dial it down one level as it’s a little aggressive imo.
Gregt909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2019, 08:30 AM   #4
shortspark
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregt909 View Post
I had mine set up for Sport (approx 20 mph). There’s an eco and normal mode which I think is around 12 and 15 mph. The dealer can also adjust the regen braking. I left mine at the factory setting as I live in a hilly area and I definitely feel it going down hill. If I ever take my cart in for service I may see if they can dial it down one level as it’s a little aggressive imo.
Thanks. That's what I thought. I will try sport and tell them to move the regen down a setting and see how that works.
shortspark is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car