lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-07-2019, 11:33 PM   #1
Ssybert
Not Yet Wild

Default Ordering new 2020 6-pass Onward - couple questions regarding NEV compliance in NH

Hello everyone,

New member here and excited to have found such a resource for golf cart topics!

Im ordering a new Club Car electric Onward this week and first let me say, how on earth can a golf cart exceed the cost of a Toyota Corolla or a brand new UTV?

Anyway, I live in NH and am interested in getting this plated as a NEV and was wondering if anyone had any experiencr with this. I know I need to be 49 CFR compliant but once I am, will the state inspect and issue a VIN or a waiver to register with serial #?

Lastly, if anyone has any input on the Onward I should know before I buy, please feel free to comment. We will be using this primarily for camping. I chose Club Car because of the aluminum frame and independent suspension. Club Car seems like the right choice all around with a few exceptions.

Thanks everyone
~S
Ssybert is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-08-2019, 07:00 AM   #2
yawood
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Ordering new 2020 6-pass Onward - couple questions regarding NEV compliance in NH

Welcome to BGW.

I'm jealous
yawood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2019, 08:29 AM   #3
Newbuggyboy
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Ordering new 2020 6-pass Onward - couple questions regarding NEV compliance in NH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ssybert View Post

Lastly, if anyone has any input on the Onward I should know before I buy, please feel free to comment. We will be using this primarily for camping. I chose Club Car because of the aluminum frame and independent suspension. Club Car seems like the right choice all around with a few exceptions.

Thanks everyone
~S
Welcome

I loved some of the special edition onwards. Not sure the newest but I was excited for the artic cat and anniversary editions.

My question for you is why street legal when your primary use is camping?

My sam's club has a coleman Polaris in the store.

Not sure any of these have 6 person capacity available.

And this link has a few others:

https://www.mensjournal.com/gear/5-a...ext-adventure/
Newbuggyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2019, 03:43 PM   #4
Ssybert
Not Yet Wild

Hey guys,

Thanks for the warm welcome.

As far as other options go like the a Coleman or Polaris, we go to Fort Wilderness in Disney every year. We used to bring a four seater Gem E825 but last year discovered in the rules they do not want these types of vehicles on the cart paths. Last year we saw incredible abuse of the rules with gasoline side-by-sides running around, gas carts, and other non-approved vehicles. Not only do we need more room, we don't want to be part of the problem and decided to sell the Gem and get an actual golf cart.

In regards to why NEV for campground use, I have two young boys I expect will love taking this cart in to town in a few years, down to the lake, etc. Using it around the campground is great but this thing is north of $15k... I'd like to get as much use as possible out of it. For this money I might as well get that Corolla.
Ssybert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2019, 07:23 PM   #5
EZ Yeag
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Ssybert
Hopefully you are willing to help? Did you finally receive you 6 passenger Onward? Impressions? Why the 6 person Onward over the 6 person EZ Go L6? Is your Onward powered by the Lithium Ion battery system?
Thank you for your assistance
EZ Yeag is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car