lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-08-2009, 04:24 AM   #1
ic746
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Bearing Size

Can anyone tell me the right size for the inner and outer bearings in the front hub of a G1. I ordered new hub bearings and my G1 the inner bearing is a little larger than the outer and the place I ordered them from sent me 2 for each side but their all the same size.
Calvin
ic746 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-08-2009, 06:54 AM   #2
spriddle
Admin

Yamaha

Default Re: Bearing Size

I'm not sure of the size but I would say they are different because they have different part numbers on Yamaha's site:

inside: 31 93306-00441-00 BEARING (89A) (B6004RS) 2

outside: 32 93306-20310-00 BEARING 2

spriddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 07:36 AM   #3
DOOmsman
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Not sure but I think the diferance is one is sealed on one side and the other isn't.
DOOmsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 10:13 AM   #4
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

It depends on the year of your G1. Early ones used a differant hub and bearing size.
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 03:55 PM   #5
jeffro157
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

I know on my g1 they were different sizes but cant remember the bearing numbers from the bearing I used but I got them from my brothers electric motor shop just took the old ones into him and he just matched them up and pulled them from his stock they are both sealed type bearings.
jeffro157 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 08:17 PM   #6
ic746
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Well I certainly do thank everyone who helped me on this. The bearing I ordered cost me 11 dollars and plus shipping and they sent me the wrong one. But I lucked out today I went to a Yamaha Motorcycle dealer here local today and they had exactly what I needed plus the cost was only 3 dollars for the bearing. I couldn't believe it. Got the G1 back together today and put about 10 miles on it and it ran great. New king pins and hub bearings, I also took the automatic oiler off it and mixed my gas with Yamalube and wow what a difference. Before at high speed the engine sounded like it was ready to fly apart, but not now, it sounds as good at high speed as it does at idle. Just love these old G1 carts.
Calvin
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 81 G1.JPG (72.3 KB, 10 views)
Old 04-09-2009, 05:01 AM   #7
TheNewGuy
Admin/Moderator

Yamaha

Nice lookin cart Calvin!

TheNewGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 06:02 AM   #8
azboo
Super Moderator

Club Car

Hi Calvin,

Good to see you posting again and glad you got things sorted out with your cart and your up and running great.

Boo
azboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 07:33 AM   #9
spriddle
Admin

Yamaha

Glad you were able to get your bearing. Amazing how you can end up going to a shop down the road and finding what you need at times. I've spent countless hours on the internet before looking for something and ending up finding exactly what I needed just down the road.

Nice G1.

spriddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 08:44 AM   #10
ic746
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Thanks Ron and Boo and Spriddle, this G1 is the one I just got now I have something to play on while I get my other G1 finished. I tell you one thing my friends these G1's must have some kind of tough engines in them. I noticed that after running it very hard your legs starting warming up a lot from the heat of the rngine and then pulling up a hill it was losing power. Well I took off all the plastic on the engine and what a mess I found. There were so many mud diver bee nests in the head fins it was one solid looking piece of aluminum. The air ducts were solid tight with mud and mouse nests. I too all that crap out and now the engine is running cool and has power going up hills. Who knows how long the fellow ran it that I got it from that way. That is why I think the G1's has one tough little engine in them.
calvin
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha