lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-01-2009, 08:48 PM   #1
hammertime
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Anyone have any info on DEKA "Werker GC110"

The local batteries plus is selling these (Werker GC110) for $75 each. I have 6 Trojan T-105's but took the cart out on Sunday and only got 7 holes out of my batteries. They are about 5 years old and I could barely get 18 at the end of last year so I think they are done. Has anyone used these? Are they a good buy at this price or am I better off getting some trojans or another brand. Also, I found someone selling 2 US2200's for 20 bucks each. they are a year old and the guy had them for his photography lights. Used them about 10 times and got some smaller batteries. Says he has charged them each month but not used them since last summer. Would that be a way to go? Can i combine those with some Dekas? Help, ive never replaced batteries before so im not sure what to do. I have a 6 volt system so i need 6 batteries. i appreciate any input on this!
hammertime is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-01-2009, 09:10 PM   #2
pggroves
steeplejack x

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Anyone have any info on DEKA "Werker GC110"

Batteries are a hotly debated topic here and pretty much on all cart forums.

Let me ask you a question.

Why do you think the manufacturers spec and deploy Trojan batteries?

OK, a bit rhetorical I admit. And yes they are more expensive and yes other golf cart batteries can hang with Trojan provided they are properly maintained.

FWIW and from my experience, Trojans are worth the money.

It's your money and your results may vary!

Good luck!

Don't mix! Bite the bullet and get a fresh set of 6.

pggroves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 05:27 AM   #3
gatormeup
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

i bought some dekas and love em, i cant speak of durability as far as years of service, just bought mine last month, feb 09 models... work great for what i use em for, working around house and riding in the pasture and down to the lake!!!
gatormeup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 08:26 AM   #4
OLD MEC
Gone Wild

Club Car

Right after the war ( WW2 ) batterys were in high demand and hard to get and a old parts dealer gave me this trick to follow and its true unless they are back to adding concrete or something heavy inside battery cases like one manufacturer still around did to make a fortune?
The trick is to pick up the ( CHEAPER ) battery and then pick up one of the batterys you have ( NOW ). The quality and durability will be in the weight difference that you feel. More lead equals longer life and range its that simple?
OLD MEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 04:46 PM   #5
sgtschultz22
Not Yet Wild

I work in the industry and as far as Deka batteries go They are very good batteries. Most carts come with trojan batteries but Deka are suitable replacements. I would also not recommend mixing batteries especially if you use a Delta-Q on-board charger. The algorithms used by these chargers varies according to battery types and use more aggressive algorithms for more durable batteries. if you mix your batteries you can have some of the batteries work just fine and the others will not charge correctly or possibly leak.
sgtschultz22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO