lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-06-2018, 05:51 PM   #1
Elcoyote
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default 2000 Workhorse ST350- blown engine replacement

I recently acquired a Workhorse ST350 from our Austin office, it was given to me because it has a blown engine...

Interesting story; we had it out on a job site, and one weekend, someone got onto the site, jammed a screwdriver into the key switch, fired it up, and drove off. They ended up flipping it, and trashed the roof, some of the front cowling, and tore up the hydraulic system for the dump bed. Somehow in all of this, the engine seized up (Robin EH35C).

Once I got the cart home today, I pulled the engine out, sure enough it is seized. I've heard from an EZ-GO tech that the rebuild for these is a real pain in the behind, IF you are able to get your hands on a rebuild kit, since this engine is no longer manufactured, so I'm open to any and all ideas on a rebuild, reman engine purchase, used engine purchase, aftermarket engine purchase, etc.. Basically, what is going to be the least expensive way to get this thing rolling under its own power again? I'm fairly mechanically inclined (on internal combustion engines, at least), and don't mind getting dirty, I just can't convince the keeper of the bank account to break loose of enough money to buy a new cart.... yet.

Any advice y'all could give me on this would be most appreciated.
Elcoyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-06-2018, 06:01 PM   #2
big mule
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2000 Workhorse ST350- blown engine replacement

I've had nothing but excellent service from all the reman engines bought from Motors & More;1 yr warranty & outstanding customer service.
big mule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2018, 06:19 PM   #3
Elcoyote
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Muchas gracias. I found Motors & More on Google, but their website doesn't come up when I click on it. It appears to be motorsandmore.biz ... Is that the correct website?
Old 01-06-2018, 07:10 PM   #4
big mule
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I'm not sure what's wrong with the website but you can give them a call (I usually talk to Cindy) Monday morning @ (706) 541-0633 .I try to do business with BGW sponsors whenever possible but to my knowledge there's not one that sells reman engines.
big mule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2018, 07:43 PM   #5
BLACK DEATH
Gone Wild

Club Car

What are your ententions with the cart?
Why not big block it?
BLACK DEATH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2018, 06:08 AM   #6
Elcoyote
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Honestly, I'm unsure as to my intentions for the cart... Might get it running, keep it, and use it to cruise around the neighborhood (pretty lax laws as far as carts on public roads here), might lift it, remove the bed, put a flip seat on the back (with a custom basket to make up the gap between front and rear seats), might get it running and sell it t buy another cart...

Ive just not looked in to big blocks yet because I don't know where to start... a Google search for replacement engines did show a big block option at somewhere around $1,500.00, and I would have hell talking my wife into letting me spend that kind of coin on this. If there are cheaper options, I'm all ears....
Old 01-07-2018, 07:44 AM   #7
BLACK DEATH
Gone Wild

Club Car

You can do a big block swap cheaper than that price. Depends on your mechanical skills
But it also depends on a big block price vs a rebuilt stock engine you can get.
Old 01-07-2018, 08:23 AM   #8
Elcoyote
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Well, as far as mechanical skills, I grew up riding moto, and have rebuilt those engines, as well as engines on my sprint karts, have decent fab/ welding skills, and what I don't have, friends of mine do have...

Where should I start looking for a big block swap? Is there a site sponsor that specializes in packages for this?
Am I correct in assuming that the biggest hurdles in that swap would be motor mount(s), and drive spline/ clutch to rear end alignment?
Old 01-07-2018, 11:44 AM   #9
BLACK DEATH
Gone Wild

Club Car

Vegas Carts has kits
You can get their swap kit plate, generator mount and pulley.
Use your clutch $50 or buy the 780 clutch $250
Buy a predator 13 hp or even a Carroll stream one for around $300.

http://www.vegascarts.com/ez-go-s/1869.htm
Old 01-07-2018, 11:48 AM   #10
BrewCityMusic
Hammer Down !!!!

E-Z-GO

Call Carrie at CT Rebilds (PM Me for her number) - they will rebild your engine for right around $600 to OEM specs *or* they also offer an upgraded rebuild that nets another 4hp or so out of the motor for around $675, we've used them for YEARS and their work is top-notch. Also, You retain the stock quietness of the motor, no having to replace clutches, etc and the resale of a cart with the stock motor (especially a documented rebuild) is *far* higher than one that has been hacked into and converted to a modified lawnmower engine, etc.
BrewCityMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO