lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-27-2019, 01:18 AM   #1
localbar
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Is the RXV a POS

I bought a clean 2012. But after reading and talking to dealers they are saying they don’t touch RXV’s

Should I resell it or keep it? It’s super clean.
localbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-27-2019, 03:33 AM   #2
Newbuggyboy
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Is the RXV a POS

No it's not a POS

You'll have to decide yourself about keeping.
Newbuggyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2019, 05:41 AM   #3
meimk
Gone Wild

Club Car

Do a bit more reading. RXV's are technically sophisticated compared to most other carts. As such it takes some specific knowledge to fix them correctly. I don't know what condition you bought yours in, but when they work owners love them. Yes there were some glitches with early models - as is common with almost any new technology. They've changed the controllers, changed the brakes, changed the batteries and they are pretty solid now.
meimk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2019, 09:35 AM   #4
twilliams81
Gone Wild

I wouldn’t say POS as a whole since the later years got better but the earlier models can be nightmares and I’m one of the dealers that won’t touch them. I know a lot of people that love them so it’s all personal preference. Also a true fact is that most all replacement parts are more expensive so keep that in mind.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
twilliams81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2019, 10:21 AM   #5
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

What color is the controller? Hopefully black.
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2019, 10:53 AM   #6
rib33024

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgsc View Post
What color is the controller? Hopefully black.
Best question you can ask. That is the deal breaker, the color of the controller
And more than likely the reason your dealer don't like them and think they are junk. Is because they don't know how to fix them
rib33024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2019, 12:32 PM   #7
usgicollector
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by rib33024 View Post
Best question you can ask. That is the deal breaker, the color of the controller
And more than likely the reason your dealer don't like them and think they are junk. Is because they don't know how to fix them
Very well said.
usgicollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2019, 06:44 PM   #8
localbar
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

It’s in great condition. The previous owner bought it from a local dealer last year. They decided to sell their house this year and the house sold quicker than they expected and had to unload the cart. I got a pretty good deal.

I called another local dealer and he said based on the serial number the production month is October and I should have the Curtis controller. I am not at the cart to verify but I will as soon as I am back there. That dealer’s mechanic wasn’t speaking to highly of the RXV and said he rarely works on them because they do not sell them used or new.

I happen to like the brakes especially for the kids because they don’t have to worry about hitting the brake with one foot and the gas with the other on an incline / hill. We have lots of stops signs. But YouTube and some folks seem to really hate the brakes.

It’s pretty easy to sell a golf cart within the community especially durning early summer so I am not too worried if I should sell it. It’s really clean too so that makes it sell easier.

I don’t want to end up with a cart that is prone to problems.

I have had zero problems with my gas EZGO. I don’t have any problems with this RXV but I’ve only put 20-30 minutes on it to date.
localbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2019, 07:34 PM   #9
nickdalzell1
Resident Curmudgeon

It's not a POS. the POSs are made by the likes of Tomberlin, Star, Bad Boy Buggies, etc.

But IMO it is overly complicated in its electric form, with very expensive components. There's really no reason they couldn't have done like a TXT 48 or AC Drive Yamaha. Far less components, less idiot-proofing. It's a Golf Car, not the Apollo Spacecraft!

What concerns me is the RXV has set a Precedent (no pun intended) for more and more complicated carts later on. I have seen the future and as much as I love tech, it's not a bright one. I am unsure how many of you are aware of a guy going by the name of 'Shango066' on Youtube, but I'm starting to become him in re: golf cars. I'm starting to actually prefer the simplicity of resistor cars over the new stuff rolling in.

One thing I suggest though: Get rid of the Powerwise QE/SC-48 it comes with if you want to avoid one of the most common problems of this era of golf cars. It's junk. get a DPI, Eagle Performance, anything American Made.
nickdalzell1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2019, 07:17 AM   #10
twilliams81
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickdalzell1 View Post
It's not a POS. the POSs are made by the likes of Tomberlin, Star, Bad Boy Buggies, etc.

But IMO it is overly complicated in its electric form, with very expensive components. There's really no reason they couldn't have done like a TXT 48 or AC Drive Yamaha. Far less components, less idiot-proofing. It's a Golf Car, not the Apollo Spacecraft!

What concerns me is the RXV has set a Precedent (no pun intended) for more and more complicated carts later on. I have seen the future and as much as I love tech, it's not a bright one. I am unsure how many of you are aware of a guy going by the name of 'Shango066' on Youtube, but I'm starting to become him in re: golf cars. I'm starting to actually prefer the simplicity of resistor cars over the new stuff rolling in.

One thing I suggest though: Get rid of the Powerwise QE/SC-48 it comes with if you want to avoid one of the most common problems of this era of golf cars. It's junk. get a DPI, Eagle Performance, anything American Made.

Very well said! I agree I feel like they tried to do too much with these carts; to the point where you cant even get rid of the reverse buzzer without an OEM handheld and if you you do you will disable the cart. “Keep it simple stupid” is never more true when it comes to golf carts. I don’t know about going as far back as pre solid state set-ups but I def don’t like the direction the newer carts are going. From 36V PDS’s (2000) to right around last year when the precedents were replaced with the Onwards is pretty much the gold standard in cart technology as far as I’m concerned. And yes the Eric style powerwise charging systems as well as club car’s version is starting to become more and more problematic and will lead to expensive repairs and/or replacements so follow his advice and get you an American made charger! That’s my two cents

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
twilliams81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO