lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-29-2019, 08:08 AM   #1
bigbend
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default 2019 EZGO oil pressure light troubleshooting

2019 EZGO Express S4, Kawasaki with a carb, not EFI.

I've done a lot of searching and can't seem to find an answer on this. This cart is brand new, not even the first tank of gas through it. The low oil pressure indicator is staying illuminated. Perfect oil level, no power loss, no funny noises, etc. First thing I did was change the break in oil and filter per EZGO, there was around 8 hours on it. When I removed the wire from the sending unit the light goes off. I took a volt meter and tested the resistance with the engine off - 0 ohms. With the engine running, the ohms jumped all around, so infinity i guess? The switch is a normally closed switch, so once it builds oil pressure it should go out. By testing the resistance with the engine running, i think its operating as it should, but the light in the dash is staying on. I've traced the wire to see if its grounded anywhere, but everything looks good. Is there anything else I should try? It looks like I would have to remove the engine to change the sending unit, it looks almost impossible to get a wrench in there. I'm not convinced the sending unit is faulty.

I'm sure this is covered under warranty, but the dealer is a 2.5 hour round trip, that I would have to make over the weekend during deer season
bigbend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2019, 09:35 AM   #2
gotti
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2019 EZGO oil pressure light troubleshooting

I've run into the same issue with my cart. I'll be following this thread to see what's the resolution.
gotti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2019, 11:49 AM   #3
bigbend
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Is yours a newer Kawasaki?
Old 10-29-2019, 12:44 PM   #4
trig123
Vintage tech
E-Z-GO

I would be making that 2.5 hour trip. If you start messing with they are going to blame you if something happens. Just my 2 cents
trig123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2019, 02:32 PM   #5
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

If you remove the sender wire at the switch with the cart running and the light goes out, bad switch or very low pressure.
kgsc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2019, 04:37 PM   #6
bigbend
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

The light goes out with the wire removed. It’s brand new, I hope there isn’t any oil pressure issues. No weird noises, or knocking. I bought the new oil switch, but not sure how to get a wrench to it. It’s blocked pretty good by the motor mount skid plate.

Thanks for all the replies. May carry it over to the dealer and see what they say.
Old 10-30-2019, 06:12 AM   #7
gotti
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbend View Post
The light goes out with the wire removed. It’s brand new, I hope there isn’t any oil pressure issues. No weird noises, or knocking. I bought the new oil switch, but not sure how to get a wrench to it. It’s blocked pretty good by the motor mount skid plate.

Thanks for all the replies. May carry it over to the dealer and see what they say.
Carrying it to the dealer might be your best bet. By the way, my cart is older than yours but I have the same problem with the light coming on and not going out. I'm no mechanic but I've rebuilt the motor and still it comes on. I've purchased a new oil pressure switch and gauge instead of the light, so I'll see how that goes.
Old 11-06-2019, 06:52 AM   #8
gotti
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

With the new switch and oil pressure gauge, I still have the same problem. There is zero oil pressure. I've ordered a new oil pump and I'll be replacing it as soon as it comes in. If that doesn't fix it, I don't know what to try next.
Old 11-06-2019, 09:39 PM   #9
bigbend
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

That’s not good. Is your engine a Robin?
Old 11-07-2019, 12:46 AM   #10
cart around
Test before replacing

E-Z-GO

You are working overtime to void your warranty. I don't understand it.
cart around is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO