lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Tomberlin

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-29-2011, 11:20 PM   #1
Rxpman18
Not Yet Wild

Default Tomberlin Help

Hi I have a tomberlin emerge 500 2010 and is a 2 seater. I bought it from a salvage auction and it was flooded. The cart needed a new power fuse in the fuse box and when I plugged it in the dash went on and I can't get it to turn off. They didn't have a key for it so I had I hot wire it and I can't get the thing to turn on. The controller status light blinks amber too. It blinks once and then twice and stops. The batteries are charging fine and the charger works great I can't get the thing to go forward or back and also I can't get any front lights to work. I would really appreciate some help with this cart. If you have anything for me to check please post it even if it sounds stupid. Anything will help. Thanks
Rxpman18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-05-2012, 09:11 AM   #2
bluestone78
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Tomberlin Help

The flash you are getting from the control box is a speed sensor fault. the speed sensor is located on the end cap of motor(black with 3 wires and a quick connect plug. As far as the dash lights not going out it sound like the 48v small contactor for the 12v system is shorted stuck in the closed position. If it has been in water I would order a new main harness they are notorious for harness problems anyway. Sound like it is nothing to serious... If you have any question email dm7876@yahoo.com. I was a factory Tomberlin Tech but now I'm doing my own thing. Also if you need parts I can get them for you.

Thanks,
Bluestone
bluestone78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 11:31 PM   #3
rcman124
Not Yet Wild

looking at the tomberlin manual...a controller signal of 1 blink then 2 blinks...looks like code meaning... The sliding signal of accelerator is
outside the scope....not a speed sensor failure...could somebody please confirm.
rcman124 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 11:40 PM   #4
rcman124
Not Yet Wild

also could somebody tell me where the... 48v small contactor for the 12v system... is located... i installed a new accelerator assembly...went to try it and when i turned the key on, i had no dash light up or power to anything? also my controller is flashing a code of...once then twice...according to my manual means... The sliding signal of accelerator is
outside the scope...anybody know how to fix this..thanks
rcman124 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 02:41 PM   #5
mrdills2
Not Yet Wild

Zone

You can try to call Erick at Palmetto Carts, I know his "Teck" is very good and maybe he can help you out. He is a Tomberlin dealer in Charleston SC 843-881-9877
mrdills2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 01:46 PM   #6
glong
Not Yet Wild

Tomberlin

They moved it from the plate wher the DC reducer is to inside the controller cover..
glong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 03:26 PM   #7
owensfz1
Not Yet Wild

... i installed a new accelerator assembly...[/QUOTE]

Can you tell me where you purchased the accelarator assy? I need one for a 2007 E-merge.
owensfz1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 08:52 PM   #8
renedaigre
Not Yet Wild

good evening, i have a 2010 emerg that i just put a new controller in. the cart will only go 22mph and i would like more speed out of it. any suggestions?
renedaigre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 07:31 PM   #9
Abrock2012
Not Yet Wild

Have a 2006/2007 (says Dec2006?) Emerge - takes off with a lot of juice, but throttles down when I hit 16mph and settles at 15mph. If I press the pedal 100% it starts dropping speed. Any ideas? Was informed it may have something to do with the Hall effects..?
Besides this, the cart rides great!

Last edited by Abrock2012; 10-21-2013 at 07:38 PM.. Reason: Mistype
Abrock2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 03:33 AM   #10
LBPupi
Not Yet Wild

Look for an Onboard charger for 2010 Tomberlin E2 Emerge Street legal cart, I had batteries replaced by sales dealership which I purchased vehicle. When returned the battery level indicator gauge would do nothing waiver up and down scale. Dealership sent me a plug and play replacement gauge, which I replaced. They had me run batteries down and then recharge. Problem: Batteries would not recharge.....Dealer says I have a bad onboard charger unit and want to charge me over $900.00 for a replacement unit. What is you experience with these cart and charging systems? Any advice?
LBPupi is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Tomberlin