lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO > Lithium EZGO

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-22-2021, 07:13 PM   #1
cumd20
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Help pls - Intellibrake Comes on - cart immobilized

Hi everyone - new to this forum but am a very active forum member in other similar forums (sports cars, boats etc.) and am usually a giver - so now my turn to ask for help :-)

I have searched the google gods for the last few hours and cannot find any solution to this.

I have a 2018 Ezgo RXV Freedom Elite Lithium - suddenly today the cart intellibrake will not release. I can get it to release if I swap the plugs 1-2 and 3-4 over as per instructions and then i can roll the cart, but as soon as I put the plugs back to normal configuration the brake engages and I cannot get it to turn off with either the accelerator or with the Neutral and Tow switches.

The battery is at 56v, fully charged etc. Brake pedal seems to be fully up.

I am pretty useful with electrical systems and have access to a multimeter etc - any ideas at all of anything I could try - before I have an expensive call out.
cumd20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-23-2021, 02:08 PM   #2
basshawk84
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Help pls - Intellibrake Comes on - cart immobilized

Could be a parking brake failure. I would disconnect the brake on the end of the motor and ohm out the brake. The connector is on the top and the brake show show around 26 ohms.
basshawk84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2021, 12:08 PM   #3
cumd20
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by basshawk84 View Post
Could be a parking brake failure. I would disconnect the brake on the end of the motor and ohm out the brake. The connector is on the top and the brake show show around 26 ohms.
thanks for that ... i will add that to the other tests,

tests so far:-
brake switch under brake pedal is open/close circuit as it should be. no debris in that area.
I am getting 50v to the brake system ok .... i did notice teh brake area is very warm even when it has been simply standing still with no movement ....
On the solenoid I am confused by the test readings:-
-189 ohms on coil (test cheat sheet states should be way lower than that)
-full battery voltage on primary terminals (test cheat sheet states 25v)
-when no solenoid primary power secondary terminals are open circuit, when powered they are closed (so not not open or welded closed circuit)
-But I was only getting 20v on outbound side of solenoid secondary even inbound is 52v - weird ..... anyway ... marching on .....
Old 12-26-2021, 08:26 AM   #4
tyrone shoelaces
Getting Wild

The dealer explained that there is a "flash update" concerning the intellibrake.
My problem was simply a failing solenoid but I did get all the software updates.
tyrone shoelaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2021, 01:13 AM   #5
cumd20
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

OK - to close this out .... it was the solenoid ... after more tests it was failing when under load ..... I hope this helps others ....

Tags
ezgo, intellibrake, lithium
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO > Lithium EZGO