lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Icon

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-13-2021, 12:54 PM   #1
Jamesey
Not Yet Wild

Exclamation New 2021 LV Tong with US Batteries having severe issues under 65%SOC

Hi,
I bought a brand new 6-seater 48 volt electric golf cart that is privately labeled locally, but it really an LV Tong which is just like ICON, but has US Batteries. Cart runs strong even tops 30 MPH, but once the SOC% drops below 65% about 10 miles it starts crawling. Like 1 MPH going up a hill. At that point I have to constantly stop, turn the key off, turn it back on and go. That will reset something internally and allow it to run strong for a minute or 2, but then shortly goes back to crawling up hills. I have to keep repeating the process until I get home. Flipping the switch back to neutral position opposed to fwd or rev does nothing. I have to literally keep stopping and turning it off with the key. I was told this recycles the battery algorithm, but it's only a short term fix like a minute if I'm lucky! Once I recharge it it's fine, but this issue repeated every time I drop below 65%.

Whenever the cart is home I put it on the charger. Most trips are short show it rarely drops below 80%. I've now had the cart for 5 weeks and it's still doing it anytime I take a 10 mile round trip. The dealer has taken it back in several times and can't find anything wrong and keep saying the batteries need to break in and to keep recharging it constantly. This is the first time I ever had a new golf cart. Is this normal or should I be concerned?

Another issue is the only way I can get the SOC % to register as 100% is to drive it down my drive way then go back into the garage and replug the charger and turn the key back to the on position and wait a minute for it to reach 100%. If I don't do that it's luck of the draw and may never say 100%. I always turn the key on before I unplug the charger.
Jamesey is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-14-2021, 10:29 AM   #2
DaveTM
Gone Wild

Default Re: New 2021 LV Tong with US Batteries having severe issues under 65%SOC

Did you check the water levels of the batteries?

Also, have you tested the battery water with a hydrometer? The specific gravity of the electrolyte in a fully charged cell should be from 1.280 to 1.300.

Also, what is the Pack voltage post charge and after sitting for 12 hours or so?

Also, here's a pic of JohnnieB's SOC chart. If you're getting to 65% SOC, it may be that your batteries are "out of gas."

DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
#usbattery #lvtong
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Icon